Headquartered in Toronto, Polar Racking Inc. is a North American leader in the design, engineering and manufacturing of PV mounting systems. We are at the forefront of PV innovation, leading the industry in cutting edge design with a focus on continuous innovation. Our vision is to deliver the highest value to our clients at the lowest cost per kWh. To support this, the company has a diversified portfolio of ground mount and carport products for the commercial and utility scale markets. This, coupled with our unique suite of engineering collaboration tools, technical services and installation support allow us to deliver turnkey solutions that are modular, lighter, and quicker to install. We support our North American and Caribbean clients from our locations in Toronto, Calgary, and US.
We are currently looking for a Warehouse Manager and based in Mississauga.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Report directly to Supply Chain Manager
· Participate in daily supply chain and project/order review meetings
· Coordinate with project management and logistics team to ensure all jobs are shipped on time
· Strategically manage warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision
· Oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution and maintenance operations
· Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization
· Initiate, coordinate, and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures
· Adhere to all warehousing, handling, and shipping legislation requirements
· Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security
· Responsible for notifying all incoming vendor shipment quality concerns to Supplier Quality Engineer
· Establish quality process for all outgoing shipments
· Review all final shipping documentation provided by supply chain team and logistic team to ensure it matches to be shipped product
· Capable of performing the following warehouse tasks such as:
· Packaging correct lot numbers
· Ensuring scales are measuring correct quantities
· Taking pictures of packaged product to prove to customer everything is shipped
· Accurately noting all packaged product dimensions and weights
· Planning packaging to reduce/eliminate wasted space on trailers/flatbeds/containers
· Assist supply chain team with stock control and reconcile against ERP system
· Plan work rotas and assign tasks appropriately
· Recruit, select, orient, coach and motivate employees
· 5+ years of warehouse management experience.
· Excellent understanding of warehouse management procedures.
· Proficient knowledge of inventory and inventory controls.
· Valid drivers', counterbalance, and narrow isle reach licenses.
· Self motivated team player with demonstrated problem solving skills and mechanical aptitude.
· Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and the ability to articulate ideas clearly both with the written and spoken word.
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools, especially Outlook, Word, Excel
· Ability to work under time constraints and handle multiple tasks with little or no supervision to produce a quality product in a timely fashion.
· Experience working in a multi-cultural, multi-national environment, working through issues and achieving resolution to challenging problems with little or no supervision.
· Demonstrated attention to detail and problem-solving ability.
· Demonstrated ability to be productive, positive and pro-active in a stressful work environment, by prioritizing work and adapting to changing work demands.
· English language fluency - verbal and written required.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $75,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON L4V 1R2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- warehouse: 5 years (required)
- Class 5 Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-08-21