ROTATION: 14 Days, 14 Off, 14 Nights, and 14 Off.
The Maintenance Supervisor will ensure the mechanical availability of company equipment is maximized through the safe and effective use of sound maintenance standards and practices. Further, closely monitor work conducted in the shop and field in accordance with the company’s safe operating procedures. In addition, the Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for promoting the KMC safety culture, adhering to all provincial and federal laws, Company policy, internal controls and practices, while maintaining the highest level of professionalism and uphold the values of KMC Mining.
- Lead and supervise a team of trades professionals to ensure job objectives are completed in a timely fashion and to the highest degree of quality in accordance with the maintenance plan;
- Remove barriers or constraints that employees may face;
- Ensure mechanical availability targets are met or exceeded;
- Identify and correct any incidents;
- Communicate planned and unplanned maintenance and daily expectations;
- Ensure training, mentoring and coaching of key maintenance personnel;
- Communicate regularly with all maintenance technicians, both individually and as a group;
- Ensure operations are aware of the equipment availability and upcoming planned work;
- Administer programs such as employee improvement plans and records of verbal discussion;
- Participate in investigations and termination hearings where appropriate; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Formal Education *
· Grade 12 education or equivalency.
· Journeyman trade certification (Heavy Duty) or other post-secondary education with a technical concentration is preferred.
· Preference for 3 or more years in a Maintenance leadership position within the mining industry.
· Supervision experience dealing with Mining Equipment and Maintenance.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office.
· A strong attention to detail.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong organizing, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
· Collaborative and performance orientated.
· The ability to troubleshoot and anticipate future concerns.
· Ability to work as part of a team and adapt to changing stakeholder requirements.
· Tactful and diplomatic.
· Conflict resolution skills.
*Note: other combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
- Mine Mobile Heavy Equipment Maintenance: 3 years (Required)
- Maintenance Supervisor: 3 years (Required)
- supervisory: 3 years (Required)
- mining industry: 3 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)
- Fort McMurray, AB (Preferred)
- Journeyman Mechanic (Required)