Under the leadership of the Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef and Sous Chef. The Chef De Partie is responsible for oversight of the culinary operation in the absence of one of these members. As a key member of the kitchen, Chef de Partie will be required to execute all event orders as required. This may include hands-on preparation of food, delivery, and clean-up.
- Create exceptional experiences through high-quality food and superior customer service
- Adhering to policies and procedures regarding sanitation and sanitary food handling
- Be a proven leader in training staff, developing recipes and supporting the management team
- Prepare food as required, following specifications on Event Orders
- Ensures work area is clean, including all counter tops, utensils, equipment, and refrigeration is in a clean and sanitary condition in accordance with company health regulations and safety regulations
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of all storage area s
- Supports other positions within the kitchen that are in need of assistance
- Complies with the zoo’s health and safety program
- Perform additional duties as required
- 3 or more years of experience in a culinary environment
- Class 5 Driver's License is required.
- Supervisory experience an asset. Strong preference is given to those with experience in mid to large sized operations
- Previous experience with menu engineering and food cost controlling methods
- Strong leadership and customer service skills
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to operate golf carts and 1-tonne panel trucks
- Previous experience requisitioning and ordering inventory
- Able to work in fast pace environment.
- Exposure to hot and cold elements in the kitchen.
- Periodical exposure outside the kitchen on zoo grounds.
- Consistent exposure to flora and fauna on zoo grounds.
- Flexible work schedule including early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs), walking and standing for long periods of time required.
What the zoo has to offer:
- Discounts on food, beverage, and merchandise.
- A complimentary annual pass for you and your immediate family members.
- A fun work environment and the opportunity to work in a park full of wild animals!
If you are a highly motivated and experienced individual we invite you to send your resume, along with a cover letter.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary