We are a small animal practice in a lovely small town with great clients and fabulous patients looking for an enthusiastic, organized and team-oriented team member to cover a 12-month maternity leave for our current client services/animal care attendant position. There is the possibility to extend this position for the right person.
Start date of May 18th, 2020.
Our hospital aims to provide gold-standard care and top quality client service. We are Cat Friendly Practice accredited and are planning to become Fear Free Certified in the near future. We have a tight-knit team and are looking for another member that is dedicated, compassionate, driven and works well independently and with others.
Experience in the veterinary industry is an asset.
Familiarity with Avimark software is an asset; comfort with Microsoft Word, Excel and general computer skills are required.
We are looking for 20-30 hours per week and have the option of a 4 day work-week. We do not require weekends or on-call. Perks include discounted veterinary care, services and products as well as uniform allowance and continuing education allowance.
Wage will depend on experience.
Job responsibilities will include: *
Client Care and Communication:
- Greeting clients, checking in clients/patients including weighing patient, taking brief patient history
- Entering history and starting medical records with available templates for DVM
- Filling out patient check-in sheets prior to appointments, confirming clients/patients contact information at each visit
- Communication with other clinics/hospitals to exchange medical records/patient history
- Invoice transactions with clients both in person and on the phone
- Daily deposits record keeping
- Arranging 3rd party financing for clients through Pay Bright when required
- Answering incoming calls, checking phone messages and returning calls as required
- Scheduling appointments via phone, in-person, email and via website requests (client and pharmaceutical/food reps)
- Completing follow up patient care calls, reminder calls, reminder emails, confirming appointments
- Providing clients with a positive and compassionate experience
- Excellent communication and support to the team
RVT/VT Assistance when requested:
- High standard of patient care
- Setting up for medical/surgical procedures
- Patient preparation for medical/surgical procedures
- Patient restraint
- Care of hospitalized patients: TPRs, observation of patients for changes in health status/behaviour/symptoms
- Patient hygiene, grooming when needed
- Assisting in hospital cleanliness
- Maintaining a clean, fresh smelling reception area and workspace
- Maintaining clean, organized, stocked exam rooms
- Sweeping, vacuuming, mopping floors and wiping down surfaces in exam rooms, and reception
- Ensuring patients are in clean, comfortable kennels/runs
- Cleaning the staff and client restrooms as required
*- Cleaning of surgical instruments when requested by VT/RVT/DVM
If you believe you would be the ideal candidate for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to us at the email provided.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Flexible working hours
- Discounted/free food
- On-site parking
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Permanent
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
- veterinary clinic: 1 year (Preferred)
- reception : 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)