We are looking for an independent, self-motivated individual to join us as the Administrative Assistant, you will be supporting students, faculty, and staff by providing a range of administrative and financial services.
The ideal applicant will have office administration certification and/or related post-secondary coursework and considerable experience working in administrative positions combined with advanced computer skills. Candidates with a combination of education and experience may also be considered.
Good working knowledge of the PEI post-secondary educational system with an emphasis on international education and the regulations and policies governing international students in Canada.
The technical requirements for this job would typically be acquired through a post-secondary diploma in Business/Office Administration or related area of study.
- Greets visitors and telephone callers, answering questions, making appropriate referrals and taking messages
- Responds to paper or electronic correspondence, providing information, referring to appropriate personnel
- Establishes and maintains effective traditional and electronic filing systems, purges information
- Communicates with college departments and external government agencies such as federal government, medical insurance providers, advising students of proper procedures
- Arranges information sessions, campus tours and meetings with college personnel
- Prepares budgets and maintains the financial records for contract programs, projects and activities; collects fees and makes deposits to appropriate accounts
- Negotiates costs for accommodation, meals, transportation, and other activities
- Prepares, updates and distributes informational materials and other publications
Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills including fluency in the English language (written and verbal) and the ability to interact effectively and tactfully with people of various backgrounds and cultures, including students, college employees, home-stay families, agents and partner institutions.
Red Cliff College is equal opportunity employers, and as such positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Job Type: Part-time