Burb is a cannabis retail company building a west coast brand that epitomizes BC Bud culture. The company is launching a series of category-defining, brick & mortar stores in British Columbia with their first two locations opening in Coquitlam and Port Coquitlam, two populous suburb 30 minutes from Vancouver’s downtown core. In addition, Burb is launching its debut apparel collection with thoughtful and classic streetwear inspired pieces all designed and manufactured in Canada using the highest quality fabrics and incorporating functional elements into their designs. What sets us apart is our people. Burb is led by industry professionals from cannabis retail, investment banking, compliance, regulatory affairs, branding and marketing who have all had long and meaningful relationships with the plant. We’re pushing cannabis into the mainstream while carefully minding regulation, staying creative and working with great people.
Join the journey!
- Our company is seeking enthusiastic, personable Budtenders who can use their extensive cannabis product knowledge to guide customers to the appropriate medical or recreational product and provide impeccable customer service while complying with all regulations. Budtenders must provide customers with prompt service and quality products while maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment. You will be responsible for assisting the management team with the activities and operations of the store while abiding by all policies, procedures, and operational guidelines. You’ll also assist in training and educating cashiers in cannabis products and customer service.
- Deliver an exceptional customer service experience.
- Guide and direct customers in their cannabis purchasing journey.
- Meet and exceed sales goals assigned.
- Ensure compliance in all transactions.
- Assist with opening/closing of store and other tasks as assigned.
- Adhere to the dress code company policy.
- Under the direction of the General/Assistant Manager/Team Leader, you perform/complete other additional projects, duties, and assignments as required and/or by request
- Unpack boxes for inventory as required (boxes can weigh 5 - 30 lbs)
- Assist in preparing the store for the day including: replenishing garment styles and other merchandise by color, size, and quantity requirements; folding and sizing as needed to maximize sell-through.
- Assist in closing the store for the day including: sizing, cleaning, collecting and removing trash and recycling and other duties as needed.
- Aware of company safety policies and procedures and you work in partnership with your team to ensure a safe workplace.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships
- You communicate with honesty and kindness, and create the space for others to do the same.
- Minimum one year of cannabis industry experience is preferred.
- Minimum two years of retail customer experience is required.
- In-depth knowledge of cannabis products, strains, and consumption methods
- In-depth knowledge of all products carried in store
- Impeccable customer service skills
- POS and efficient cash handling duties
- Available work mornings, evening, weekends, holidays and special events
- All employees are expected to be available to work “Black Friday” (the day after US Thanksgiving) and from the second week of December (the start of the second week in period 11) until the end of the holiday season.
- Must be minimum 19 years of age
- Must possess valid driver’s license or state ID
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must possess current state cannabis worker license or permit
WE OFFER YOU
- Career growth opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Incentives opportunities
- Awesome staff discounts and perks
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. Burb is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that Burb Cannabis equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Customer Service: 2 years (Required)
- Cannabis Industry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)