Why Grocery Checkout:
Grocery Checkout is not your typical grocery store, nor is it your typical employer. Our on-campus Fresh Markets are designed for the dynamic student lifestyle. With a staff composed predominantly of students, we cater specifically to the unique employment demands of the campus community.
Responsibilities and Duties
This is can be a full time or part time position. In the position of Sandwich Maker, you will deal directly with our student clientele, taking orders and making sandwiches. Tasks will include:
- Taking orders from customers.
- Ensure all health and safety standards are met and company policies followed.
- Preparing sandwiches & wraps.
- Maintain inventory for the deli station. Ensure a fresh and appealing display. Label, date and rotate products.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have experience working with food.
- Must have experience working with the public.
- A current food handlers certificate would be considered an asset.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to solve problems and adapt to situations.
- Ability to prioritize efficiently.
Contract length: 7 months
Expected start date: 2021-10-04
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $15.00-$18.00 per hour
All customers and employees are wearing masks. We are disinfecting surfaces frequently. We offer Rapid Antigen Test twice weekly at no charge.
- Do you have a current food handlers certificate?