Cherubini Metal Works, a member of the Cherubini Group of Companies, will be looking for Welders to join our team in Dartmouth, NS!
We have an outstanding Safety Culture that focuses on the health and wellbeing of our workforce. The desire to be an active participant in our Safety Program is a vital aspect of employment within the Cherubini Group of Companies. We also offer competitive compensation and benefits.
The position of Entry Level Welder includes, but is not limited to, production welding, service & repair welding, prototype building, and fitter welding. Responsibilities will include the fabrication of custom prototypes from supplied drawings, fabrication of custom jigs and fixtures to produce production parts that meet customer specifications, as well as the fabrication of metal structures using jigs and fixtures in a high paced production environment. Knowledge of Steel structures such as bridge components, steel beams, steel channels, shell structures etc.
The use of various hand tools, machinery and equipment will be required to manufacture metal products. This position will work with Foremen and the General Foreman to ensure continuous improvements in work cells, hitting quotas, welding according to pre-set parameters using Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW), Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) processes. Possess strong knowledge and skill in operating all metalworking machinery. Additionally, the Welder will be required to read and understand production drawings, blueprints, work orders and other written instructions.
- Planning and Organizing
- Safety Oriented
- Quality Oriented
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), gas metal arc welding (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), plasma arc welding (PAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), oxy-acetylene welding (OAW), resistance welding and submerged arc welding (SAW)
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
- Operate brazing and soldering equipment
- Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears and other metal straightening and bending machines
- Repair parts of metal products by welding on extra layers.
- Maintain safe work practices
- Conduct repairs, modifications and retrofits
- Monitor parts usage and report on any material issues
- Assist in training, directing & supervision of junior employees and apprentices, inspecting and certifying their work
- Reviews blueprints and specifications; ensures drawings and specifications will function as designed in environment intended for use
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology, compliance and repair techniques
- Other assigned work as required
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- 1-3 years’ experience as a Welder
- CWB tickets (all positions)
- Valid welding certification, Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW), Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), certified in all positions
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Experience with routine maintenance operations
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- 24/7 availability may be required
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue.
Job Type: Full-time
- welding: 1 year (Preferred)
- SMAW (Preferred)
- GMAW (Preferred)
- CWB Welder Qualification (Preferred)