LASERAX is a dynamic and growing start-up located in Quebec City that works in the development and commercialization of industrial laser solutions. Founded in 2010, the company specializes in high-performance laser systems and its mission is to push the boundaries of the laser to become the benchmark in innovative industrial solutions. Currently composed of 50 employees, the company is transforming itself to market its products on a global level.
ABOUT THE JOB
Reporting to the Director of Operations and working remotely from an Ontario-based office, the service technician will be mandated to support Laserax’s customers, including providing technical assistance during preventive or curative maintenance problems. He or she resolves service issues regarding products and carries out service contracts. The position holder is required to travel internationally to repair defective systems and to perform remote interventions. More specifically, the person will have to:
- Intervene on site to diagnose and repair failures
- Programming and troubleshooting of PLC, HMI and Drive
- Debugging and recalibrating laser systems
- Provide technical assistance over the phone
- Populate and manage the after-sales service database
- Maintain rigorous and regular follow-up with requesting clients
- Train the customer’s on-site operations staff
- Identify customer needs for service contract purposes during customer visits
- They may participate in wiring and system assembly in our factory.
- College degree in automation (or related field);
- A minimum of eight (8) years of automation experience;
- Have a good team spirit, easy to communicate with others;
- Knowledge of several industrial PLC brands (Allen Bradley, Siemens, Omron, etc.)
- Must be open to travel up to 50% of the time.
THE LASERAX TEAM
- A very competitive salary in the market;
- Benefits including dental;
- Flexible schedule;
- Several exciting career opportunities with new projects on a continuous basis;
- Using state-of-the-art technology;
- Have fun on a daily basis as it is THE value of the company;
- Moving bonuses offered for people who need to move;
- New offices to come so you’ll be well in your work environment;
- Young and dynamic colleagues who want to revolutionize the world while having fun at work. Come meet us or send your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- Automation: 5 years (Preferred)