Back-End Software Engineer
PheedLoop is dedicated to developing mission critical systems for the events industry (conferences and expos). From innovative software solutions to automate/simplify event management and monetize events in new ways, to upcoming IoT and hardware products like self-check-in systems and smart badges, we're always building awesome tech. Located in Toronto, PheedLoop is one of Canada's fastest growing event technology companies.
We're on a path to infuse the events industry with a radically new way of planning events, to the point that no one will ever imagine going back to the way things were done before. We're obsessed with listening to customer feedback, because we're able to build extremely creative solutions at light speed as soon as we hear good ideas. We love working hard, learning new things, building great products, and closing deals. If you're looking for an experience that will test your limits, accelerate your career, and allow you to dream big, we'd love to work with you and change an industry forever.
- Proficient with and proven expertise in Python & Django
- Experience deploying to cloud services such as AWS
- Experience with REST API design, development, and third-party integration
- Experience with Git and version control
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Can work in a fast-paced dynamic environment, often independently with tight deadlines
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or other science/engineering field
- Experience with Progressive Web Apps (PWAs), ideally Ionic
- Familiarity with Angular JS or similar front-end framework
- Previous experience leading development teams or working at small companies
Who We're Looking For
We are looking for people to join our team who are ambitious, hard workers, thrive in environments where they are required to solve problems, and love to have fun. We want to work with people who feel they have a lot more potential within themselves to unlock, because we want to be a part of their journey and help them reach their goals. Your work, just like everyone else's at PheedLoop, will make a massive difference. Think of it like steering a small ship with a large rudder - and the ship keeps getting bigger and bigger as you steer it in the right direction!
More About Us
PheedLoop is a 360° event automation, monetization, and engagement platform for event organizers, speakers, exhibitors, sponsors, and attendees. PheedLoop flips the whole idea of event execution on its head by giving event planners an incredible amount of control, insight, and sales/marketing tools for their events.
From sales optimized registration/ticketing, synced stakeholder portals, and instant mobile apps, to on-site check-in/badges, automated surveys, and exhibitor/sponsor monetization systems, PheedLoop is the ultimate streamlined event management system. PheedLoop is used by events of all types and sizes around the world and is a platform built by all our amazing event planners and engineers.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $65,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- AWS: 1 year (Required)
- Python: 2 years (Required)
- Django: 1 year (Required)
- Angular JS or React JS: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Toronto, ON (Required)