Flag persons will be responsible to direct and control traffic (motoring and pedestrian) safely in and through the work zone. Direct site equipment when working in close proximity of traffic and other hazards and obstructions. Communicating and interacting with the Site Supervisor, crew and third parties is necessary to ensure satisfactory completion of construction work.
Essential Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Daily circle check and maintenance requirement reporting for equipment being used
- Completion of daily field ticket reports.
- Protect workers by keeping work space free of traffic and warn of approaching hazards.
- Assist trucks in accessing and exiting work sites
- Assist with set up and maintenance of project signage and barricades including daily barricade reports
- Ability to work in multi lane highways
- Ensure safety of fellow workmen during construction and in compliance with applicable regulations and safety policies and procedures.
- General Labour duties as required.
- Inform Site Superintendent of any issues that need to be communicated
- Will be required to work out of town on a regular basis with overnight stays required.
- Some weeks and days are local work
- Monday – Friday work day shift
- An industry standard training certificate and previous experience as a Flag person
- Ability to take control and give firm clear directions
- Ability to work extended hours and irregular days with irregular breaks
- Ability to spend extended periods standing/walking and holding stop/slow paddle, walkietalkie etc.
- Ability to work outdoors in all temperatures
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements and applicable safety policies
- Work overtime as required
- Road construction experience is required
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- No Weekends
- general labor: 1 year (Preferred)