Position Time: Contract Position
Hours of Work: Full time, 5 days a week
Start Date: August 2020
Compensation: Salary based on experience: monthly bonuses post probationary period may apply based on revenue
Roles & Responsibilities:
You will be working directly for a dual licensed financial professional - a Mortgage Broker and Financial Planner; the responsibilities will overlap across both areas with some individual nuances as follows:
- Maintain positive relationships with all clients to build loyalty
- Organize and maintain the calendar and schedule appointments ensuring efficiency and strong time management – keep the Mortgage Broker on track!
- Manage and organize the business database including calendar, tasks, next touch dates and all follow up
- Follow up on all mortgage and financial planning applications
- Prioritize all applications and workflow to ensure consistency in the service level expectations while managing high volumes and a continued focus on service excellence
- Always manage and update central database with updated progress on all client files and follow up
- Attend all relevant mortgage and financial planner presentations, as an assistant, if required
- Enter social media posts prepared by Mortgage Broker
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell or promote across both businesses to further add value to all clients
- Input/complete mortgage applications and pull credit bureaus in preparation for review by the Mortgage Broker
- Set up files and organize all documentation in soft format for review by the Mortgage Broker for all client files
- Follow up on all required and outstanding documentation from the clients and ensure they meet both the business standards and lender requirements
- Organize and book property appraisals
- Submit supporting documentation to lenders subject to approval by Mortgage Broker
- Light underwriting duties including drafting mortgage options and communication to clients for approval by Mortgage Broker
- Follow up with clients and other service provides e.g. lawyers, appraisers, lenders, during the entire deal process including liaising with lawyers during the closing process
- Monitor and following on all mortgage renewals – from sending the initial pre-approval email to updating the clients file with current information and then pass onto the Mortgage Broker for discussion and options. Ensure that the renewal process and timeline is followed
- Prepare client portfolios for review
- Process and follow up on applications
- Assist in preparation and facilitation of a complete Financial Plan for clients and the required follow up
Qualification and Educations Requirements:
- Minimum 1 year previous mortgage underwriting experience or funded at least 120 mortgages, whichever is greater.
- Experience in mortgage related software an advantage such as Doorr, Expert Fiologix, BOSS, Salesforce, Dropbox, DocuSign, Adobe Acrobate and other lenders platforms.
- Salesforce Experience is an asset.
- Completion of High School Education (Grade 12) minimum.
- Computer skills: Highly proficient in Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point) and knowledge of PC/MAC software in a Windows/MAC environment required.
- Minimum typing speed: 60 WPM.
- Exceptional communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Team player with a willingness and ability to learn
- Experience in the financial services industry specifically with mortgage financing an asset
- Experience with B Lending and private financing an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills and good understanding of the importance of Customer Service
- Highly motivated, reliable and punctual with good judgment and confidentiality
- Positive, flexible and outgoing disposition is essential with a professional appearance
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with a strong aptitude for service excellence
- Ability to manage and resolve conflict and effective problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage pressure in an environment of high volume processing with tight turnaround times
- Able to Work remotely and have sufficient Internet connection, computer and required software
- Social Media Experience is an asset
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $30,000.00 per year
- Extended Health Care
- Work From Home
- mortgage underwriting: 1 year (Required)