Lotus Group is proud to exclusively partner with our valued client as they search for an Operational Controller to join their team. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the successful candidate will lead an important ERP system implementation for the organization and will have a high level of responsibility, driving daily results to achieve long-term strategic success. Our client is seeking a self-described ‘data nerd’ who successfully utilizes Excel and other dynamic reporting tools to analyze and report key organizational data. The successful candidate will oversee financial activities, streamline business operations, and enhance efficiency. Task performance involves strategic planning and financial forecasting and reporting.
This position will require a full relocation to a remote community and is a full-time, in-office position.
● Work with Finance and Operational teams to enhance, implement, and maintain accounting reports, controls, and processes cross functionally
● Manage full cycle accounting and financial oversight for multiple subsidiaries
● Develop and monitor departmental budgets and financial targets for presentation to the CFO and Leadership team
● Assists external auditors with their periodic review of the financial records
● Understanding and validating the quality of financial information across all business processes for the business unit to confirm the accuracy of reported information
● Drive improved cash flow through partnering with shared service functions recommend, develop, review, and approve programs to maximize working capital improvement
● Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close process, ensuring timely and accurate completion
● Document and maintain implementation processes and procedures
● Responsible for the successful integration of four new business systems, under the direction of the CFO
- Manage ERP project timelines and deliverables
- Manage all future system integrations
● Identify and communicate potential risks and roadblocks during implementation ● Continuously evaluate and improve implementation processes to increase efficiencies and client satisfaction
● Create a project plan detailing the tasks that need to be completed for the timely installation of customized software systems
● Communicating with staff throughout the software customization process to obtain feedback and approval
● Balance the requirements of multiple stakeholder groups with competing priorities by leveraging varying expertise and availability of team members.
● Ensuring that the project team is aware of key deliverables and project milestones
● Providing cost and time estimates
● Build and maintain a positive team culture that emphasizes productivity and professional satisfaction for team members.
● Process orientation to allow for process/system improvements and effective review procedures of team work.
● Provide training and end-user support during and after the implementation process
● Bachelor's Degree in Business Management; Accounting and Finance ● CPA designation considered an asset
● At least 3 years of experience in software implementation or technical support ● Proficient in project management methodologies and tools
● Possess a track record demonstrating the management of increasing levels of responsibility, successful business partnering at a senior level, and leading cross functional teams
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with clients and cross-functional teams.
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot technical issues and provide solutions.
● Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment. ● Willingness to relocate
● Familiarity with CRM, ERP, or other enterprise software systems is a plus. ● Past experience leading an implementation project a must
● Financial analysis experience strongly prefer
● Audit experience is a preferred
A comprehensive compensation plan will accompany the successful candidate, with employee benefits based upon individual experience, education, and skillset.
We thank all interested applicants. Please note that only those applicants who meet the qualifications and requirements will be contacted.
Lotus Group provides Elevated Search, Recruitment and Human Resource services across Canada. With established client and talent networks spanning coast to coast, we know that employees are the power that fuel excellent organizations. Lotus group is dedicated to being Canada's most trusted provider of Elevated People Solutions.
For more information, visit www.lotus-group.ca.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $100,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Are you willing to relocate
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Accounting: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: On the road