Our client, a growing Real Estate development firm, is searching for an Accountant to join their team! The Accountant will process expense reports, update and reconcile sub-ledger to G/L, and process checks. The ideal candidate should have the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines with a strong knowledge of general accounting practices and procedures. Experience in real estate development or construction accounting is preferred. The Accountant will report directly to the Controller to support all general accounting functions.
- Preparing income statements and balance sheet reports
- Bank reconciliations
- Process HST returns
- Entering and coding invoices, and expense reports
- Communicating with vendors, regarding queries or billing issues.
- Processing expense reports
- Performing account reconciliations as needed
- Recording receipts
- Posting journal entries
- Reconcile inter-company accounts
- Additional projects and miscellaneous duties as requested
- BS degree in Accounting, Business or related experience
- 3+ years of experience in general accounting preferably in the real estate or construction industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (PT, VL, Sum, IF) and MS Great Plains is required
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented and ability to work with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with deadlines and comfortable multi-tasking
- Must have a sense of urgency, flexible and able to deal with frequent interruptions and changing priorities
- Strong communication, customer service and interpersonal skills, especially with both technical and financial backgrounds
- Knowledge knowledge of construction management software would be an asset
Please submit your resume to email@example.com and reference 05050-0011404853 "General Accountant" or apply directly to our website at www.roberthalf.com. We thank all applicants for their interest.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. Numéro de permis du Québec AP-2000503.