Prima is a General Contractor that manages all aspects of construction on behalf of its clients. The company has a depth of experience with projects in the residential, commercial, and retail space, ranging from base building to tenant improvements and renovations. Given our growth we are seeking a General Manager to oversee all day-to-day activities with a primary focus on project execution and secondary focus on business development. Our goal is to ensure that every project is delivered on budget and on schedule while always enhancing the project through experience and outside-the-box thinking. We are typically involved from concept through to occupancy. Currently the company has projects throughout B.C. This position will oversee all projects in accordance with operational and financial objectives, and ensure cost, quality, and schedule is maintained. This position is based in Lake Country, BC.
· Working knowledge of the British Columbia Building Code (BCBC)
· A strong awareness and knowledge of the cost implications of design alternatives
· Ability to deliver construction projects on schedule and within budget
· The ability to manage all projects within the parameters of the company’s culture
· 5 plus years in a leadership role within the construction industry
· Some Business Developmental experience
· A proven track record in project management
· Be detailed and methodical
· Have unwavering ability to meet deadlines and deliver high quality work
· Be creative to develop effective and outside-the-box solutions to design constraints
· Think strategically while staying in a solutions oriented, results driven mode
· Prima offers a compensation plan that includes salary and a performance bonus
· The successful candidate will have further career opportunities
The successful candidate will be an integral part of a dedicated team. The role is hands-on and will include project management, engineering, supervision, and inspection of work during construction, ensuring that the construction occurs within budget and on schedule.
We thank all interested candidates for applying; however, Prima will only contact those individuals we wish to interview. Please indicate in your response:
· The position for which you are applying.
· Your direct experience
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Project Management: 5 years (Preferred)