Reporting to the Manager, Child and Family Health Division, is responsible for working with a high degree of autonomy to prevent illness, promote and protect the health of individuals, families and the community throughout the life span, within the parameters outlined by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Ministry of Children and Youth Services, Health Protection and Promotion Act, Public Health Standards (OPHS) and Protocols and other relevant legislation; working with a variety of clients through individual interactions, telephone, home visits, groups and clinics to conduct screenings, assessments, health teaching and service coordination; developing and facilitating comprehensive strategies, including preconception, prenatal and postnatal parenting education and support, to promote children’s optimal health and well being and to build capacity of expectant families and families with young children; and developing community development and social marketing strategies in collaboration with community stakeholders;
- Successful completion of a Baccalaureate University Degree in nursing, including public health.
- Current Certificate of Registration as a Registered Nurse from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- A valid CPR certificate.
- Satisfactory Police Criminal Background Check.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s licence and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer focus, communication, collaboration and personal ownership.
How to Apply
Please apply online by February 24, 2020. 75508. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
$41.93 to $49.15 per hour
This is a Replacement
O.N.A. Local 16 position