Alberta Store Operations
8859 Gateway Village Safeway
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton’s Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys’ purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
The Deli Service Clerk is responsible for carrying out the full range of duties of the position in a professional, responsible, accurate and timely fashion. The Service Clerk will deliver exceptional customer service, foster customer loyalty, fulfill customer needs and actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
- Adherence to all Food Safety Protocols, Standard Operating Procedures, corporate policies and Health and Safety, and other programs and initiatives
- Provide customer service to meet customer needs
- Keep work area clean and presentable at all times
- Handle, organize, and rotate product in accordance with company standards
- Process customer deli orders
- Demonstrate growth in product knowledge; remains aware of product changes and seasonal requirements
- Remain current with weekly and in-store specials
- Apply all cash management procedures, as applicable
- Accurately records information in all appropriate logs
- Program execution and merchandising product, following company presentation standards
- Handle and prepare deli products in accordance with company quality standards and food safety protocols
- Increase store sales by actively promoting products
- Other duties as required
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills
- Job Knowledge
- Enthused Selling
- Retail store
- May be required to lift up to 50lbs
- Two person lift required for weights exceeding 50lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Physical work including; but not limited to bending, lifting, and reaching
- Exposure to varying temperatures over short periods of time
- Exposure to sanitation and cleaning chemicals
- Flexible hours and overtime
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.