Job Description : Job Description :
Are you looking for a rewarding opportunity and a gratifying career? Boart Longyear is growing and looking for experienced Air Drillers to add to our teams. We realize being a Driller can be a tough and physically demanding position; however with the right corporate support, great equipment, solid support teams and even better pay, we know you will be happy working with Boart.
Use a machine to drill air holes in shanks of smoking pipes to connect shank holes to bowl chambers. Clamps smoking pipe bowl in jaws of a holding device to start machine. Pull handle of the drill to automatically release the drilling tool into the center of the shank to bore hole through the shank into the base of the bowl chamber. Remove the bowl from the clamp after the drilling tool stops and hold the shank against a sanding wheel to face the shank for stem fitting.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to perform all job-related tasks
- 2+ years of directly related experience
- Standard First Aid certificate
- Travel – Must be willing to be away for weeks at a time and work in remote locations
- Be able and willing to work 10-12 hours a day
At Boart Longyear we feel it’s important to give our employees many opportunities to be successful. If you think you have what it takes to be a Boart Longyear employee, fill out our application today.
Established in 1890, Boart Longyear is the world’s leading provider of drilling services, drilling equipment and performance tooling for mining and drilling companies. It also has a substantial presence in aftermarket parts and service, energy, mine dewatering, oil sands exploration, production drilling, and down-hole instrumentation.
Boart Longyear welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process as per the guidelines of the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Job Types: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Must be able and willing to work 10-12 hours a day.
- directly related: 2 years (required)
- Driver's License (required)
Willingness to travel: