We are all about enhancing life's celebrations as North America's largest publicly traded retailer of adult beverages operating 240+ retail locations within Alberta, British Columbia, and Alaska...and we are growing!
We are the parent company of such brands as Liquor Depot, Liquor Barn and Wine & Beyond. We offer a great place to work, with a friendly atmosphere and energetic work environment. We provide our Customers with CONVENIENCE, SELECTION, and TOP NOTCH SERVICE!
Each person on our team plays an important role in our company’s success. We promote a team atmosphere that is busy and challenging, but always aims to be co-operative and fun. When you choose to work with us you can be sure you will be treated with the respect and support you need to be a success.
About The Role
We are currently looking for friendly, outgoing, and customer service driven individuals to join our team as Sales Associates. We are looking for someone with strong product knowledge and excellent customer service skills for our MacTaggart Ridge & Beyond location.
Address: 5962 Mullen Way, Edmonton, AB T6R 0R1
Primary Purpose of Job
Provide exemplary customer service to every person who walks into our store, understand customer needs and instill a customer mindset within the store, participates in stocking and merchandising of store; ensuring store is stocked and ready to serve our customers.
Essential Business Functions, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Customer service driven, friendly, willing to talk to all customers
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Maintain a professional appearance, demeanor and attitude at all times
- Deliver exemplary customer service
- Greet customers when they enter the store and take customer to product when required
- Generate sales by educating, advising and suggesting products to every customer
- Maintain a high level of service and product knowledge by completing all training within required timeline
- Assist customer from store and/or offer car service when appropriate
- Complete customer transactions on the Point-of-Sale (POS) device, including payment
- Ensure all cash handling policies & procedures are adhered to
- Ensure all opening & closing procedures are done correctly (when applicable)
- Complete end of day till reports (when applicable)
- Ensure safe is locked at all times and deposits are secured (when applicable)
Day to Day Operations
- Educate customers and fellow associates on all Wine and Beyond has to offer!
- Generate sales through hands-on customer service and customer education
- Stock shelves with product
- Maintain a high level of customer service
- Participate in merchandising and promotional activities
- Ensure accuracy in all transactions, inventory, and procedures
- Participate in all manner of store maintenance
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge
- Participate in continuing product education through store training and tastings
- Work in partnership with Store Managers and other employees to maximize store sales and in-store presence
- Maintain a professional appearance, demeanor, and attitude at all times
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Ensure that OHS, LP, ProServe/Serving It Right/TAP or Rserving and other regulatory requirements and procedures are implemented and adhered to
- Maintain First-Aid, LP and OHS Training
- Maintain ProServe/Serving It Right/TAP or Rserving Certification
- Ensure AGLC/BC LRS/AK ABC Board and other government guidelines are met
- Adheres to all ALCANNA policies, with a focus on Social Responsibility
- Minimum, 1-year experience in retail environment
- Previous Liquor Experience is an asset
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- ProServe Certification is considered an asset
- First-Aid Certificate is considered an asset
- Certification in Liquor or other Liquor-related training is considered an asset
- Training in wine/beer/spirits (preferred, not required)
Other Skills and Capabilities
- Highly self-motivated
- Customer service driven
- Effective teamwork skills
- Strong sales background
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be able to pass a Background Check
- Must have access to reliable transportation
Occupational Health and Safety
Employees have the following basic rights:
- Right to refuse unsafe work
- Right to participate in the workplace health and safety activities through the Health and Safety Committee (HSC) or as a Worker Health and Safety Representative
- Right to know, or the right to be informed about, actual and potential dangers in the workplace
Employees responsibilities include the following:
- Employees must work in compliance with OH&S acts and regulations
- Use personal protective equipment and clothing as directed by Alcanna
- Report workplace hazards and dangers to your Manager or Health and Safety Representative
- Report all accidents and incidents immediately to their Manager and document it in ThinkLP
- Report all broken or damaged equipment to your Manager and document it in ThinkLP
- Available to work a varied retail schedule, including evening and weekends
- Able to safely lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to stand for an extended period
- Comfortable climbing ladders
- Robbery and shoplifting – psychological stress, violence and harassment
- Overexertion injuries
- Lifting and Handling Materials
- Slips, trips and falls
- Knives and broken glass
Why Work With Us?
At Wine & Beyond we invest in our people. We provide educational reimbursement for industry related courses. We prefer to promote individuals from within the organization providing our employees excellent opportunities to advance their careers. If you are interested in working in a fun environment that promotes personal growth with flexible scheduling please apply below!
ADDITIONAL REASONS TO JOIN OUR TEAM!
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible hours
- Employee Discount
- Free Uniforms
- Contests and prizes
- Product Knowledge training
How To Apply
Please note that Liquor Stores GP assesses all applications based on merit. Should a suitable candidate be identified, Liquor Stores GP reserves the right to close this recruitment process prior to the advertised date. Due to the volume of applications received, only those candidates deemed to be suitable will be offered an interview.
If you are interested in this position, please complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Apply. You are able to upload your resume, if you'd like.
Thanks for considering a position with us! Cheers!
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /year
- Liquor-Retail: 1 year (Preferred)
- Retail: 1 year (Required)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- ProServe (Preferred)
- First Aid (Preferred)
- Liquor (Preferred)