Heritage Christian School (HCS) is a K-12 campus school located in Kelowna BC, providing fully-accredited Christian education. At Heritage Christian, we are focused on growing in academics as we grow in relationship with Jesus.
Our teachers are passionate Christians, creative, offer differentiated instruction, and deliver curriculum with innovation and intention. We are a highly collaborative team looking to build programs and courses that fully engage students and awaken them to the world around them and their place in it.
We have a Maternity-Leave full time position teaching the following courses:
Middle School Art (Linear), Sr. Yearbook (Linear), Socials 10 (Linear), Food Studies 12 (Semester 1), Science for Citizens 11 (Semester 1), Socials 9 (Semester 2), and Sr. Art (Semester 2).
Although this is posted as a yearlong Maternity Leave, the teacher intends to return at the beginning of Semester 2. As such, the successful applicant is welcomed to remain at HCS as a highly requested Teacher-On-Call.
Applicants should thrive in the following areas:
- Passion: Discipleship, Christian Education, Teenagers in your teaching level, Subject Matter
- Pedagogy: Critical Thinking, Biblical Worldview, Individualized Learning & Group Work, Inquiry
- Personality: Team-Thinker, Self-Starter, Life-Long Learner, Flexible, Gracious, Compassionate
What we offer:
- Competitive wage based on years of experience
- Benefits of:
- Life Insurance & Dependent Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits
- Health Spending Account
- Employee and Family Support Program
- RRSP Match program
Additional information on this posting can be found on our website https://heritagechristian.ca/connect/
Please apply online https://forms.kccnet.ca/view.php?id=76550 or by copying and pasting the following link into your browser https://forms.kccnet.ca/view.php?id=76550 with the following documentation:
- Resume and Cover Letter
- Personal Philosophy of Christian Education
- Personal Statement of Faith
- Teaching Certificate
Thank-you for prayerfully considering this position. We know and believe that the Lord has prepared someone, in His perfect plan and for His perfect purposes, as the right fit for our students, our staff, and our school.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Posting will remain open until filled.
Job Type: Temporary