Quinte Health Care (QHC) is a progressive and integrated system of four hospitals working with partners to provide exceptional care to their local communities.
Care is provided through four hospitals – Belleville General Hospital, North Hastings Hospital, Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital, and Trenton Memorial Hospital – and includes four emergency departments, operating rooms at three hospitals, a rehabilitation day hospital, children’s treatment centre, ambulatory care clinics, community mental health programs, and a range of diagnostic services. There are inpatient beds for acute medical patients, intensive care, obstetrics, paediatrics, mental health, complex continuing care, rehabilitation, and surgery.
With fantastic restaurants, a thriving arts and culture scene, and more than 40 wineries, the Quinte region is an excellent place to live. The array of parks, picturesque beaches, golf courses, and waterfront trails, provide plenty of opportunity for outdoor adventure. This dynamic, growing community offers affordable housing in both urban and rural settings and is an easy commute to larger centres such as Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa and Montreal. Visit www.bayofquinte.ca to learn more about the region.
The Patient Services Manager is a Regulated Health Professional who maintains responsibility for all aspects of patient care activities for an assigned corporate patient care service(s). The Patient Services Manager provides clinical & managerial leadership, direction and supports the interdisciplinary team members in the provision of optimum quality care to patients and their families/significant others.
This role promotes and facilitates evidence-based care across the care continuum to ensure a positive outcome for patients under the general direction of the Patient Services Director. This will be accomplished through the implementation and use of quality improvement, utilization management, risk management, and Health Quality Ontario standards, staff development and resource management strategies. The Patient Services Manager models and inspires the QHC corporate values and encourages the team to set unit goals that align with these values and strategic directions.
The Patient Services Manager is responsible for Sills 3 Rehabilitation & Stroke, Stroke Prevention and AIM Clinics.
- Valid registration with a Professional Healthcare Regulating Body,
- Recent acute care hospital clinical experience within the last five years,
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ recent management/leadership experience in an acute care setting,
- Experience managing a multi-disciplinary health care team,
- Experience with inpatient, outpatient, and community based programs and services is an asset,
- Understanding of rehabilitation and stroke practice standards
- Completed Baccalaureate Degree, or actively pursuing an asset
- Proven leadership/management skills including strong human resources, labor relations, quality management, change management and utilization management skills,
- Ability to respond to a large number of simultaneous/competing demands from patients, families, staff, physicians, and other programs and departments
- Strong computer skills - efficient operation of Microsoft Word Software (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Evidence of effective communication and conflict resolution skills with the ability to develop positive working relationships with all stakeholders promoting collective problem solving approaches,
- Demonstrated commitment to inter-professional practice standards,
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong orientation to staff development and staff empowerment,
- Directs team members in the implementation of Standards of Practice and ensures that appropriate standards are met which leads to positive patient outcomes;
- Provides leadership to the patient care team to ensure patient/family focused care within a coordinated integrated care planning model of care delivery through the development of integrated care maps based on practice guidelines;
- Acts as a resource to the team through clinical expertise and knowledge base related to the medical/clinical needs of patients. Incorporates nursing theories and research based practice to support clinical decision making. Assists in day to day problem solving within and across the services;
- Works with community partners to ensure the provision of timely care to meet the needs of the patient. Assists the team to manage risks, incidents, family/client complaints and discharge planning;
- Participates in the Regional Stroke Steering Committee and other Stroke and Rehabilitation related community and regional committees.
- Assists the team to develop, maintain and assume overall responsibility for continuous quality improvement, utilization management and risk management activities, including implementation of standards and tracking mechanisms;
- Provides guidance and direction in the discharge planning process and with the Team Leader of the service, provides support to the team;
- As a member of the service team, assists with the organization, planning and implementation activities of the service team;
- Promotes and maintains good interdepartmental relationships;
- Develops the master schedule for each area of the service in conjunction with the staff within the service;
- Supports and participates in the upgrading, implementation and maintenance of an integrated computerized hospital information system;
- Selects, hires, promotes, transfers, disciplines, terminates and manages the labour relations and payroll function for all staff members within the service;
- Assists the service team in using the performance appraisal program in order to evaluate and improve the performance of staff members and outcomes for client;
- Supports the professional development of staff including the provision of educational programs and participation in continuing education sessions;
- Determines the orientation needs of staff and coordinates the orientation program I conjunction with the service team;
- Ensures appropriate work schedules are developed and maintained;
- Maintains a presence wherever the services are provided across the corporation;
- Provides overall delegation of and support to, student programs assigned to the area and enlists the participation of staff in student preceptorship programs;
- Carries out all other patient care related duties as delegated;
- Works collaboratively with other Patient Services Managers and provides coverage (performs the duties) for those Managers as required; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Determines the appropriate resource requirements to meet the needs of the service through appropriate benchmarking & utilization management.
- Participates with the Director to develop corresponding operating and capital budgets.; and
- Monitors resource utilization and financial performance;
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all interested candidates for their response, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Our Recruitment process follows the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in order to provide a fair and equitable process for all candidates. Applicants requiring accommodation through the recruitment/interview process are encouraged to contact the Human Resources Department at 613-969-7400 x2577 for assistance.
Physical Demands Analysis
- Required Rarely – lifting average 5-10 pounds’ maximum 15 pounds, carrying, pushing/pulling
- Required Often – prolonged sitting
- Required Occasionally – standing and walking on hard surfaces, bending/stooping
- Required Often – prolonged fine finger movements
- Required Frequently – gripping/grasping, eye/hand coordination
- Required Briefly – reaching with both hands