The Construction division of Northland Properties Corporation is looking for Carpenters for its projects in Revelstoke, BC
Proud to be 100% Canadian-owned, Northland Properties' are recognized as one of the most trusted names in hotels, restaurants, resorts, sports, construction, and asset management. Our well-known and loved brands have been bringing people together to celebrate unforgettable experiences across Canada, the US, Ireland, and the UK for over 50 years. As Canada’s fastest-growing hospitality group, we believe the foundation of our continued success is our people and their ability to take great care of our guests.
Reporting to the foreman, our carpenter/framer must ensure all work is completed in compliance with relevant safety regulations and company policies. They will follow project specifications and timelines, working efficiently and effectively to meet deadlines. Effective communication with supervisors and team members is essential to maintain high standards of quality and efficiency.
Your Duties and Responsibilities:
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble, and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel, and other materials to construct, erect, install, maintain and repair structures, such as foundations, walls, roofs, and columns.
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and sketches to determine specifications and calculate material requirements.
- Prepare layouts in conformance with building codes using measuring tools.
- Build foundations, columns, and suspended slabs, and erect wood walls and construct roof systems using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Fit and install trim items, such as doors, stairs, molding, casing, baseboard, and hardware
- Fabricate and install wainscoting and high panels
- Use hand and power tools to cut, shape, and finish wood and other materials to achieve desired finishes.
- Support the growth and development of company culture and professionally represent Northland Properties
- Performs other duties as required
- +2 years of working experience as a Carpenter
- Red Seal or working towards Red Seal certification or equivalent
- Knowledge of Federal/Provincial building codes.
What else will make you succeed in this role:
- Must be able to stand and/or be on their feet 10-12 hours/day working in outdoor weather and/or unregulated temperatures
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and use proper lifting techniques for heavy items weighing more than 25 kilograms
- Must be able to climb scaffoldings.
What do you get:
- Possesses and maintains necessary tools, equipment, and protective gear.
- Demonstrates knowledge and compliance with health & safety regulations, procedures and company policies.
- Adheres to project specifications and timelines ensuring high standards of quality and efficiency.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Work in conjunction with crew members to complete field projects or tasks.
- Displays high levels of motivation, energy, and forward-thinking.
- Listens attentively and follows instructions carefully.
- Fair wages determined by skill set and experience
- Extended family Health care, including vision, dental, and Group Life Insurance (after three months of full-time service).
- Employee discounts across hotels, resorts and restaurants
- HumanaCare free mental health support & counselling
- Excellent career growth opportunities.
*** We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.
*** You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker.
At Northland Properties, we are committed to building a network of talented professionals who can help to provide exceptional hospitality experiences. As an equal opportunity employer, we are constantly seeking motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join us in various fields, including Construction, Finance, IT, HR, Marketing, and Support Center. To join our dedicated team and be a part of our thriving hospitality community, explore the exciting career opportunities available at https://northland.ca/careers/.