Arz Fine Foods is looking for a dependable, dedicated, helpful and organized individual to join our team. This individual will be responsible for assisting with the ordering and receiving of grocery and related products. They will also be responsible for inspecting incoming and outgoing materials, verifying orders and preparing shipping packages and labels. Shipping and Receiving Clerks may use equipment such as a hand truck or tier-lift truck to move shipments between work stations. They may also maintain the inventory of shipping supplies in the shipping department and carry out some clerical duties.
- May be required to assemble boxes and containers as well as contact shipping carriers and coordinate pick-ups.
- Order and receive merchandise in accordance with Company standards and regulations.
- Verify both outgoing and incoming shipments, checking for quality assurance and refusing any damaged goods.
- Maintain files of shipments sent and received
- Track packages and keep records of shipped items
- May be required to deliver goods to the various store Departments.
- Will sometimes be required to lift heavy packages, as well as bend, stoop or reach repeatedly.
- May load and unload trucks.
- Catalogs and codes invoices, if requested, according to procedure.
- Reports to work for scheduled shifts, on-time and appropriately uniformed.
- Maintains job-related confidentiality.
- Takes initiative to identify report and resolve problems before they escalate.
- Verbal and written knowledge of English.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and to stand, walk, kneel, squat, bend and reach.
- May be required to work in cold and damp conditions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as department manual.
- Ability to prioritize work tasks, multi-task, and maintain focus.
- Understand the Company policies and procedures.
- The ideal candidate must possess experience in this field.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $14.00-$17.00 per hour
- pallet jack: 1 year (Preferred)
- warehouse worker: 1 year (Required)
- Scarborough, ON (Preferred)
- Load and unload trucks
- Move and stack materials
- Follow forklift operating guidelines and procedures
- Receive/process shipments
- Perform proper forklift inspection, minor servicing and repairs as necessary