Position Title: Wedding Coordinator
Start Date: Flexible
- Full or Part Time Salaried Employment position
- Estimated 30-40 office hours per week, with higher volume over summer months
- Attendance at an estimated 16-20 weddings between May - October. Applicant must be available on weekends (Saturdays) throughout the summer months.
- Wedding Days are up to 12 hour shifts on site
Client Services Coordinator Role Responsibilities:
- Client check-ins, scheduling meetings as needed
- Setting up new clients to JYW in the system on Google Drive
- Working with clients to use the Google Drive system & answering questions
- Answering the phone
- Assembling welcome gifts for each new client
- General office administrative work, maintenance, research, errands, etc. as required by the team.
- Upkeep of office space, wedding emergency kits, and charging radios.
- Vendor database management.
Wedding Coordinator Role Responsibilities:
- Assisting the lead planner on the day-of as needed, ie. queuing speeches, assisting with set up, tear down, management of vendors on site, organizing & packing decor, queuing the ceremony or musicians, etc.
- Evening Manager on site at weddings, managing the event tear down & strike of all vendors
- Once trained & approved by the owner, candidate may be the lead planner on smaller planning program weddings. May help with organization, vendor confirmations, and planning documents prior to the wedding as required. Will coordinate details at the transitional meeting with assisted planning clients including document creation and client/vendor management after that point.
Our highly productive & passionate team is growing! If you are seeking a long-term career at as a wedding planner/producer, and see the event industry as your calling, let us be your home to build your skills and watch you grow. Being a small & outgoing team, you will be exposed to many sides of small business entrepreneurship and given opportunities to develop skills in many different areas. Training is a big part of the role, and we can train anyone to be an incredible event producer if you have the right character & drive to pursue this very challenging yet very rewarding career.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in Event Production, minimum 2 years
- Event Logistics training or certificate required
- Knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and Google suite (Docs, Drive, Sheets)
- Ability to use InDesign, Illustrator or Photoshop an asset
- Experience working for luxury brand an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Detail Oriented
- Customer Service Focused
Julianne Young Weddings is a national award winning wedding planning and design company based in Calgary, Alberta that services an international list of clients for beautiful weddings throughout western Canada & beyond. Through a range of comprehensive planning & design programs tailored to our clients needs, we excel in flawlessly produced & thoughtfully designed weddings that are timeless, elegant and romantic. We craft each wedding to fit our client’s style & vision, and add meaningful details to create a one-of-a-kind wedding. Julianne Young Weddings is dedicated to providing a high quality service, impeccable attention to detail, and an extraordinary wedding planning experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter.
**Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you to all applicants.**
Job Type: Full-time
- Event Production: 2 years (Preferred)
- Event Management Certificate or Equivalent: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Calgary, AB (Required)
- Drivers (Required)
- English (Required)