The responsabilities of the Shipping and Receiving Manager are :
- Plan and coordinate merchandise shelving and storage;
- Ensure availability of labour, tools and equipment as required to carry out tasks;
- Keep department managers informed about merchandise handling details and any issues that may arise;
- Implement corrective measures or modify work procedures in order to improve operational quality;
- Promotes awareness of company’s shrink prevention programs;
- Empty the reception area, gather merchandise on pallets and ensure that merchandise is transported and stored at appropriate locations.
In addition, the Manager is expected to carry out Human Resources Management tasks:
- Plan and manage employees’ schedules according to established budget and the volume of merchandise to process;
- Guide, encourage and motivate employees;
- Carry out department personnel and recruiting;
- Play an active part in personnel ongoing training;
- Perform an annual employee evaluation for the department;
- Comply with policies and procedures regarding loss prevention, breakage of goods and health and safety;
- Perform other duties as requested by the supervisor.
### Job Requirements
Do you have a passion for leading and developing a team? Are you driven to increase sales and service? You have what it takes to be part of our team!