St. Joseph’s Villa is one of Ontario’s largest and most innovative long term care homes. Located in historic downtown Dundas, we are proud to be the second largest organization in the St. Joseph’s Health System. Continuing the mission and legacy of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Hamilton, we are proud to serve our community.
We are the largest employer in Dundas. Our campus is conveniently located on a city bus route and offers free parking. We offer a range of challenging, rewarding careers and advancement opportunities for dedicated professionals in a health care environment.
Every member of our team matters.
St. Joseph’s Villa Employees Benefits include:
· Free Membership to our on-site Staff Fitness Centre
· Educational Scholarships, Mentorship & Support for Career Advancement
· Teaching & Facilitator Opportunities with partnership programs for community colleges, universities and secondary schools
· Recognition for Excellence through Annual Service Awards and Applause Awards
· St. Joseph Health System Employee Rewards/Discount Program
· Employee Celebrations through Spirit Committee, Staff Appreciation Week, Nurses Week etc.
We are currently seeking STUDENTS (FOOD SERVICES) to join our growing and dynamic team!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Clear the dining room, clean and sanitize dining room tables and leave it ready for the next meal.
2. Ensure Ministry of Health Standards are followed.
3. Ensure that the work area is neat and clean at all times.
4. Assist with catered functions.
5. Participate in the staff meetings.
6. Wash pots, pans, and small wares.
7. Perform one of the 3 positions in dishroom using proper sanitation practices; i.e. no crossing from dirty to clean without proper handwashing procedures.
8. Clean dish machine and dishroom equipment.
9. Responsible for working in a safe manner and reporting any unsafe conditions immediately to the supervisor.
10. Other related duties, as assigned by supervisor.
11. Specific jobs requiring training as directed by a supervisor on individual bases
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE
(a) FORMAL EDUCATION
Enrolled in Secondary School.
(b) OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE
Able to read and write English
Certified Food Handlers Course
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
St. Joseph’s Villa is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $0.00 per hour
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- team work: 1 year (Preferred)