As a member of our team, you must possess strong design, an eye for detail and above average communications abilities. Work in a creative studio environment with the ability to adapt to constant changing projects, to think on your feet and follow through.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- The hours for this position are weekdays 8:30am-4:30pm. Some overtime and Saturday shifts may be required through wedding and holiday seasons.
- This is a studio-based job requiring extended standing and lifting.
- Maintain a professional image and positive demeanour with employees and clients at all times.
- Flower knowledge and basic experience in ordering flowers and supplies.
- Flower processing. Answering telephones. Taking orders. Wrapping arrangements. Answering general inquiries.
- Floral design from small to large scale. Capable of working within varying budgets.
- Assist in consultation and quoting for events and weddings.
- Assist in cleaning and maintenance of flowers and plants.
- Assist in merchandising and upkeep of store, including cooler.
- Assist in workshops.
- Assist with event and wedding setups.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to provide a high level of response to customer inquiries.
- Work towards building the company’s brand.
- Flower and plant knowledge.
- Design skills and colour theory.
- Must be organized and take direction well.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Can work independently and in a team setting.
- Minimum Two Years Experience in Floral industry.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.00-$24.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Floral Design: 2 years (required)
Work Location: One location
Expected start date: 2023-04-03