Group Exercise Instructors, Personal Trainers, Fitness Coaches
Hello, is it me you're looking for?
Are you a dynamic, high energy fitness professional who is passionate about changing lives? Are you driven by helping others achieve and maintain their fitness goals? Do you love the colour orange? Orangetheory Fitness is looking for you!
Orangetheory Fitness (“OTF”), has over 1100 studios worldwide and is looking to add you to our team in Toronto, Ontario! A Fitness Coach at our Yonge & Bloor location guides up to 24 people in a 1-hour full-body workout that is technology tracked and coach led. That is where you come in! We are located at 160 Bloor Street East, Suite 100 right at the corner of Bloor St. and Church St. in the Bloor-Yorkville neighbourhood of downtown Toronto. See further details about the requirements below!
What is a FITNESS COACH responsible for?
As an OTF Fitness Coach, you will be responsible for delivering scientifically pre-designed workouts for up to 24 clients per session, using 5-zone heart rate training. This position requires a strong ability to coach and motivate multiple members at different fitness levels in a group setting. An OTF Fitness Coach must have a strong understanding of fitness theories, including endurance, strength, and power. You will utilize the tools provided by OTF to optimize the member’s experience and results. Our coaches are not on a stage leading a class, they are hands-on, working with members as they move through the class.
What does a FITNESS COACH do?
- Provide positive, high energy, OTF group training sessions to members of various fitness levels
- Deliver pre-designed heart-rate-based interval workouts, and occasionally attend informative promotional events
- Monitor the safety of participants in regard to heart rate, exercise technique, posture, and form, as well as joint stress and stability during resistance training
- Progress and regress exercises on the fly, in real time, to accommodate members of various skill levels
- Build member attendance at fitness sessions and retain current members through relationship building, feedback, and follow-up
- Respond to member concerns/feedback in a professional, positive and objective manner
- Market OTF training services inside and outside the OTF studio including at community and marketing events
- Stay current with the OTF sales process such as studio tours/sales with new prospects and assist when required
- Attend monthly staff meetings, webinars, corporate meetings, and continuing education presentations
- Set personal fitness goals and participate in free OTF workouts on a weekly basis
- Keep and maintain all certifications required for the role
What do I need to be successful in this role?
- PASSION! We are looking for coaches who are passionate about helping individuals achieve their fitness goals, and who care about their community here at Yonge and Bloor (and surrounding area)
- FLEXIBILITY! You must be willing to work early mornings, days, evenings, weekends and holidays as scheduled
- ENERGY! A high level of energy, a positive personality and the ability to motivate others using effective interpersonal communication skills
- Current CPR/AED certification
- Current fitness certification(s) from an OTF approved training company such as CanFit Pro, ACSM, or ACE
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized
- A willingness to invest 10+ hours per year in continuing education lectures and workshops to maintain certifications and remain current in the fitness industry
- Must understand heart rate focused training programs and the science that supports the OTF workouts
- Have a minimum of 1 year of professional experience training groups and/or individuals in the fitness industry with varying fitness levels, novice to elite
- Degree, diploma and/or certification in an exercise or fitness related field where you developed intermediate level knowledge of physiology, exercise techniques and body mechanics
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to safely lift and move up to 40 lbs
WHY SHOULD I WORK FOR OTF?
- You want to make a difference in people’s lives
- OTF offers the best 1-hour workout guaranteed to bring results in a supportive and fun atmosphere
- We offer a competitive base rate plus performance incentives. This means you can directly impact how much your take-home pay will be.
- Our workouts change daily and come prepared as a template you will work from. You will not have to create class plans on a daily basis.
- Because we are exclusively class-based, we offer flexible hours and a consistent schedule!
- Coach multiple classes back to back and not drive for a single class or single client
- As an OTF coach, you lead, coach and monitor the workout but do not actively participate in the workout. This means fewer injuries and stress on your body
- Opportunity to grow into a Full-time coach position.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $30.00-$50.00 per hour
We follow all Ontario Covid19 protocols. Masks (PPE for coaches) are required for all staff and members. Professional cleaning is done seven days a week and all equipment is cleaned between classes. We also provide hand sanitizer and antibacterial wipes.
- Group Fitness or PT work: 1 year (Required)
- teaching group: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Personal Training & CPR/AED certification (Required)