Rosenau Transport Ltd is HIRING! Looking for Drivers for City P&D - Class #1 in Grande Prairie, AB. Must have valid Class #5, 2 years’ experience, and current abstract with less than 4 demerits.
Apply online today! Due to Covid Protocols we are not accepting resume drops offs.
Position/Title: Driver, City P & D - Class 5
Reporting To: Terminal Manager/Dispatch
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
License: Class #5, 2 years’ experience required
Shift: Monday to Friday & alternating Saturdays
- Operate body job - 5 Ton experience mandatory to transport items such as animal feed, industrial equipment, chemicals, drilling supplies, dry food, etc., to customers within city limits.
- Perform routine pre-trip inspections and adjustments of brakes, tires, lights, horns, etc., before leaving the site
- Lift truck hoods to check oil, anti-freeze, etc.
- Control the speed and direction of the vehicle.
- Perform emergency and minor repairs.
- Follow local safety regulations.
- Complete preventive maintenance requirements.
- Assist with unloading and loading trucks.
- Meet schedules and deadlines.
- Keep accurate drivers’ logs as required to document mileage, hours and material hauled.
- Drive in all types of weather, traffic and road conditions.
- Keep vehicles clean inside and out.
- Attach chains to load when required.
- Communicate with customers.
- Accurately count freight, noting cube as required.
- Note and report damage to equipment.
- Observe all company rules, policies and procedures with regards to quality control, Occupational Health and Safety, etc.
- Perform sundry duties as assigned by the Terminal Manager.
- Must notify dispatch of any injury or incident immediately.
- Improper parking of vehicle on uneven ground causes a situation of rolling and possible injury due to being caught between your vehicle and a wall or oncoming traffic
- Not being clearly visible in a warehouse situation can result in being hit by warehouse traffic.
- Improper use of dock equipment can cause a fall from the dock.
- Over lifting or stacking heavy objects above head level causing undue strain on shoulders and neck. If the object falls it can cause serious injury to upper and/or lower torso.
- Improperly setting a dock plate can cause a fall between truck and dock.
- Riding in the back of a loaded vehicle with freight being improperly secured.
- Not securing the load. When the back doors of the vehicle are opened, the freight might land on you and crush you.
- Failure to inspect your freight before it is loaded can cause a problem especially if the load is top heavy and has not been secured properly.
These hazards for 1 ton and 5 ton, and one man and two man trucks are similar in nature but bear in mind that each has it’s own safety conditions.
These are to be considered a sample of the hazards which can occur in any given job scenario.
Requisition # 2021.58– Driver - City P & D - Class #5
Apply today: Quote Job # and the position online today or by email attn: Human Resources Manager.
*Only candidates with current class #1 license and 2 years professional driving experience will be considered for this role. This is a safety sensitive position requiring mandatory pre-employment testing for under company Drug & Alcohol Policy.
*Preference for local candidates only, as there is no relocation assistance provided for this role. This role does not qualify for an LMO under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program
All Employees are required to comply with all company and regulatory safety requirements. Each employee is responsible for their personal safety.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $24.00-$26.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Grande Prairie, AB (required)
- Commercial driving: 2 years (preferred)
- City P&D - 5 Ton Truck: 2 years (required)
- Class 5 License (preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place