The Communications Technician is responsible for the installation,
maintenance and repair of telecommunication equipment and facilities for any Bruce Telecom customer.
Reports to: Manager of Operations
1. Install Bruce Telecom services as requested by the customer through the Service Order and Trouble Ticket Systems.
2. Pre-wire residential and commercial buildings as requested by Bruce Telecom customers.
3. Install, change, remove and test Bruce Telecom customer services.
4. Promote all Bruce Telecom services while interacting with Bruce Telecom customers.
5. Input relevant information about work performed on service orders or work orders and report completed service orders to the Dispatcher.
6. Maintain accurate customer records when changes or modifications are required.
7. Determine, locate and fix reported service interruptions and report results back to the
8. Train fellow employees as required.
9. Engineer and design Telco systems at customer premises as required.
10. Maintain professionalism while interacting with Bruce Telecom customers and staff.
11. Ensure that all company property including vehicles, plant facilities and buildings are properly maintained, stored and secured to prevent theft, damage or personal injury.
12. Responsible for working in compliance with all company Health and Safety policies, procedures, and safe work practices.
13. Complete other duties as assigned by the Manager.
Minimum Academic/Educational Requirements:
Post-Secondary Diploma in Electronics or Telecommunications an asset
Applicants with equivalent experience will be considered
Required Qualifications/Skills and Experience:
Two years’ experience in a similar role or in the telecommunications industry
Valid Class G Driver’s License
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Relationship building skills
Possess good decision-making skills
Well-developed conflict management skills
Ability to manage multiple priorities
W*orking Conditions: *
Inside and outside work in various weather conditions throughout the seasons
Exposure to hazards resulting from use of electrical, electronic,
mechanical equipment (machines and tools), power equipment, chemicals, gases, etc. May require working at heights
P*hysical Demands: *
Repeated bending, squatting, stooping Prolonged standing and walking Climbing ladders, scaffolding
Pushing and pulling movements
Lifting weights up to 50lbs
Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
Potential for an increased stress level
H*ours of Work: *
40 Hours per Week
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday