Retail Store - Assistant Manager
We are excited to hire a team of enthusiastic, customer-service oriented, experienced leaders who are passionate about cannabis. We hire outgoing, motivated, detail-oriented, organized, customer-focused problem solvers who have great communication skills and thrive in fast-paced environments.
$30,000-55,000 Yearly benefit package after 6 months of employment in good standing.
- Supervise all activities that take place on the retail sales floor and business premises.
- Listen to customer complaints, diffuse tense situations and resolve any customer-facing issues
- Open and close the store and facilitate seamless shift turnovers. Communicate goals clearly and inspire all team members to achieve given targets while leading by example and paving the way for improving our goals as a company.
- Coach and inspire employees to grow with the company
- Ensure that all customers are being treated with the highest level of customer service
- Perform cash drops and assist the General Manager with any cash management and staff duties
- Advise customers on suitable cannabis products based on their needs, preferences, budgets, and reactions to different strains of cannabis.
- Maintain positive customer relationships to establish a loyal customer base
- Maintain and routinely update knowledge of new product inventory and the cannabis industry as a whole
- Process customers' payments using the dispensary's Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Ensure that the dispensary is clean and well-organized at all times.
- Be responsible for sales and customer experience by maintaining a tidy, safe, and inviting store environment
- Promote a work environment that is positive, customer-service oriented, and compliant with established policies and procedures
This role requires:
- MUST be able to pass a background check and obtain all licences pertaining to AGCO standards
- MUST have CanSell certification
- MUST be 19 years of age or older
- Ownership mindset – self-starters who know how to figure things out and know when to ask for help
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to effectively handle a wide array of customers and staff
- Professionalism and the ability to communicate effectively with customers, upper management and vendors
- High school diploma; associate degree preferred; Bachelor’s Degree even better!
- Desire to learn about cannabis
- Strong attention to detail
- Professional, tidy appearance and good personal hygiene
- Ability to consistently work weekdays; the flexibility to sometimes work nights, holidays and weekends
The Ideal Candidate Has:
- 5 + years retail/sales/customer service experience in leading a team with proven success
- Has proven track record in retail store management
- Strong cash handling skills
- Proven work experience as a sales representative
- Highly motivated and the target is driven with a proven track record in sales
- A driven, self-motivated, entrepreneurial mindset
- Exceptional attention to detail, well-organized and reliable
- An aspirational attitude with a fun and positive personality while still being professional and eager to succeed
- Welcomes change and adjusts quickly to accommodate the business’s needs
Part-time hours: 25-35 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: $30,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Retail Management: 3 years (Required)