Are you looking for an opportunity to incorporate your passion for cars and your passion for providing best in class customer service? At CARQUEST, we strive to be the best parts provider in the automotive after-market industry. We’re owned by Advance Auto Parts and we are the largest after-market auto parts provider in North America.
We are looking for positive, goal-driven, car enthusiasts to join our collaborative customer service team who are dedicated to building authentic relationships with our customers.
About the Position:
Our Customer Service Administrator will report to the Customer Service manager and is responsible for responding to customer requests to place orders, determine the availability of parts and prices in a timely and efficient manner.
What we have to offer:
· Opportunity to work for the largest after-market auto parts provider in North America
· Visibility to career growth opportunities across the entire Advance Auto Parts organization
· Access to a robust online training system for personal or leadership development
· A rewarding organizational culture through our Team Member recognition program and team lunches
· Employee discounts on auto parts
· Group employee benefits including health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D after 3 months
· Financial benefits including group RRSP with employer contribution and discounted Employee Stock Purchase plans for all permanent Team Members
What you bring to the team:
· You are passionate about customer service – It is in your nature to continuously provide exceptional customer service and you’re driven to build long-lasting relationships with customers, peers, management, etc.
· You are an efficient problem solver under pressure – You can research and handle customer issues as they arise including notifying customers regarding fill discrepancies on “must have orders”
· You are a resourceful multi-tasker – You have the ability to check prices and parts availability while speaking with customers and can re-key “unknown orders” to identify customer names, addresses and any other information for proper billing and shipping
· You are a team player – You are dedicated to contributing to a collaborative team with a positive and friendly attitude
· You are organized and thorough – You will maintain the special order file and follow up as necessary for billing invoices not received and proof of delivery to customer, you will maintain records to ensure prompt and accurate reporting and you will document over/short claims for research and resolution
· You are reliable – You are a self-starter who is dependable in completing tasks, is responsible in dealing with confidential information and contributes to a safe work environment
· You are adaptable – You can perform accounting duties consisting of credit entry, order entry and direct billing for shipments from other company locations
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Required Skills and Experience:
· 1-3 years of customer service experience is required
· Computer knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word and Access
· Basic knowledge of some accounting procedures
· Must be detail oriented and have excellent mathematical skills
· Must have well developed interpersonal skills to deal with customers
Physical Demands: The details described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will predominantly be sitting, walking or standing. The employee is required to be able to talk and hear, and use hands and fingers to keyboard; reach with hands and arms; and stoop. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The details described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually working in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, and basis of disability or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: $16.50-$18.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Excel: 1 year (Required)
- Customer service: 1 year (Required)