Shannex is a leader in seniors’ accommodation, service and care, providing Care at Home, Parkland Retirement Living and Nursing Home options across the Maritime region for 30 years.
The future is bright at Shannex. Today we have five Parkland Retirement Living campuses in New Brunswick, and we are continuing to grow.
If you are a customer focused, results oriented individual who wants to be part of a new and dynamic team, we want to hear from you.
We currently have the following exciting new opportunity:
Clinical Care Coordinator
Permanent Full Time
- Build relationships and make a measurable difference in the quality of life for residents and their families at our Parkland Riverview Retirement Living community located in Riverview, NB.
- Immediate access to health & dental benefits including prescription drug coverage;
- RRSP retirement savings program (company matches up to 5% base salary);
- Free on-site parking available.
- Monday - Friday, 8-hour shifts.
What you will do:
Reporting to the Health Services Manager, the Care Coordinator plans, administers and evaluates all aspects of client care and services in the facility; provides leadership in an interdisciplinary setting, and provides direction in the maintenance of the client-directed philosophy to support client living.
How you will do it:
- Directs, promotes and evaluates the company’s standards, goals and objectives and policies to assure optimal level of wellness for clients; assures compliance with regulatory agencies;
- Maintains effective communication, assures client access to services, and clearly defines responsibility and accountability;
- Assists with initial assessments of potential admissions as requested;
- Provides consultation regarding client issues and standards of client care to nursing personnel and the interdisciplinary team;
- Assumes the duties of registered staff as required;
- Manages the human resources activities of the home including:
- Re-allocates staffing as necessary to assure optimal client care and service;
- Identifying staff development needs and provides in-services as required;
- Supervises, directs and evaluates the work of staff to promote quality service, positive employee relations, employment obligations and effective and efficient operations. This includes performance evaluation, training, work assignments, and administers personnel policies and procedures;
- Responds to and implements the recommendations resulting from the Shannex quality program;
- Follows up on government inspection reports. Monitors and assures accreditation and regulatory criteria to maintain compliance;
- Participates and evaluates in special programs such as infection control, nursing quality improvement and utilization review; ensures the collection and analysis of data and preparation of reports for assessment of critical indicators.
- Promotes health and safety through Joint Occupational Health and Safety, proactive risk management programs, occupational health programs, education and policy development.
- Maintains cost effective use of resources including the effective management of the inventory control systems.
- Promotes and maintains effective communication with all customers to support quality client care and services.
- Participates in continuing education to maintain credentials and increase expertise and knowledge in professional clinical nursing and administration;
- Takes every precaution that is reasonable in the circumstances to ensure the health and safety of employees and all others in the workplace, including but not limited to, providing supervision, training, information, and equipment needed for employees to do their job safely.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
The must haves:
- Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Science in Nursing;
- Current registration with Nurses Association of New Brunswick;
- Current CPR certification and First Aid certification;
- Must be willing to participate in related professional affiliations as identified by the organization;
- Strong computer literacy skills (including word processing, spreadsheet and database software);
- Ability to effectively plan, direct and coordinate client care services.
- Ability to develop and foster teamwork and motivate a group.
- Displays high standards of ethical conduct. Exhibits honesty and integrity.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently, both verbally and in writing.
- Works and communicates with internal and external clients and customers to meet their needs in a polite, courteous, and cooperative manner. Committed to quality service.
- Displays a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently. Demonstrates responsible behaviour and attention to detail.
- Aligns behaviour with the needs, priorities and goals of the organization.
- Encourages and facilitates cooperation, pride, trust, and group identity. Fosters commitment and team spirit.Supplemental Qualifications considered an asset:
Supplemental Qualifications considered an asset:
- Previous experience in working with the elderly in long-term care or a seniors’ living environment.
- Previous supervisory/management experience.
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for team members where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our colleagues are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization, please apply.
All applications are kept in strict confidence.
Reference ID: 52100
Application deadline: 2020-06-12
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)