Established in 1982, Bulk Barn is Canada's largest bulk food retailer with close to 300 stores and growing! The key to our success is progressive thinking, detailed/ methodical planning and flawless execution by passionate people across our organization. We strive to foster a balanced and flexible culture that benefits both our customers and employees.
Work with District Manager and store team to ensure compliance with:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Customer service standards,Operating policies and procedures, and applicable provincial and federal legislation.
- Work together with the District Managers and Store Staff to lead the store in the achievement of:
- Operating efficiencies,Revenue goals,Profitability, and Customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for sourcing, hiring, training and development of, their Store Team.
- Communications are to be professional, timely, thorough and proactive whenever possible.
- All communications are to be delivered with consistency to all store team.
- All customer communications are to be friendly and productive encouraging repeat business, customer satisfaction and increased sales.
- Ensure that trends of underperformance are formally addressed, with clear and documented performance improvement plans.
- Formally recognize strong performers within the assigned region.
- Manage store team in compliance with operational, legislative and Human Resources operating policies and procedures.
- Work with store staff to resolve issues proactively and/or as they arise and report unresolved issues to the District Manager for support.
- Ensure the store team performs their job to Company standards and are held accountable for non-compliance.
- Know our customer by interacting with the customer on the sales floor and observing shopping behaviors, and associate/customer experience.
- Understand and administer operational and HR policies and procedures and ensure compliance with them, consistently between all store team members.
- Understand and effectively apply operational requirements and reports to assist in the daily operation of the store.
- Have a good understanding of our business, our competitors and how we can leverage our current assets in the surrounding market to ensure long term success.
- Set high expectations for excellent customer service and hold the store team members accountable to the measurable results.
- Ensure stores are “closing to open” and that throughout the day, clear and defined associate floor plans and management occurs to maintain visual/merchandising standards, coupled with an outstanding customer engagement culture.
- Work with the store team members to ensure that the store merchandising environment is a point of differentiation aimed at getting a customer excited about the uniqueness of the offering, the possibilities that may exist, bringing product to life, inspiring a recipe of need, leading to a WOW marketing benefit.
Push For Results
- Drive business success through the effective use of internal reports, retail results assessments, and the development, implementation and monitoring of SMART Goals (action plans) directly geared towards team member skills development, profitability, sales growth and customer satisfaction
Knowledge, Competencies & Skills:
- Work with District Manager in the development of retail sales goals and action plans that are directly tied into measurable results and timely and consistent execution.
- Work with District Managers to manage labour and vacation scheduling to budgeted models, both in hours and with the FT/PT ratio.
- Work with the District Manager to ensure your store has the required staff necessary to run the store successfully in the short and long term
- 3-5 years’ experience as a retail manager
- 3-5 years’ experience supervising and/or leading people
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a retail environment (Food Retail experience is an asset)
- 3-5 years’ experience servicing and resolving customer concerns
- Understanding of business management fundamentals
- Post-secondary certificate in business or related field an asset
- Must be able to lift 50lbs ore more as required by the business
- Must have both POS and cash handling experience
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. Accommodation is available in accordance with the AODA, if requested. Our corporate facilities require employees to be fully vaccinated. Exceptions will be made in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, and all requests for exemptions will be validated by the Company.
Thank you for your interest. Only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.