About Us: VPEA (Vancouver Public Education Alliance Corp.) Toronto branch is located in North York, Ontario, Canada. We have been providing comprehensive and professional education counselling services since 2001. Our core values are Responsibility, Honesty, Sharing, Reality, Execution. Our mission is to help every student plan for a successful future.
VPEA Toronto provides tutoring services to high school students, covering all subjects from Grade 9 to 12, such as English Language & Literature, Mathematics, Science, Social Science, History and Business. We also focus on improving International students’ ESL and IELTS ability. We believe that every student has potential to succeed and we are here to unlock that potential.
We are looking for experienced individuals to join our team of instructors. Most classes run on weekends. One to one tutoring can be arranged on weekdays based on both students’ and instruction’s availability.
- Create curriculum-based teaching outline, plan and strategies for students based on student’s curriculums
- Teach students through online/onsite real-time lectures and/or discussions according to the Ontario Curriculum Expectations
- Create a positive and encouraging classroom environment
- Assist students with their homework and prepare them for exams
- Incorporate a variety of creative tools and teaching practices to enhance student involvement, and through innovative means and the integration of new technologies, inspire students’ passion towards learning at various levels
- Work during after school hours or weekends
- Provide constructive feedback to VPEA to drive continuous improvement of our teaching services
- Prepare regular study reports on student progress
- Must be familiar with the Ontario English curriculum (TDSB and YRDSB specifically, except for IELTS and ESL tutor)
- Passionate about teaching and be results driven - believes that all students can understand and achieve success
- A background in English and/or Education (study/work/related experiences) is required
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude, highly responsible;
- Appropriate computer and internet skills and reliable access to internet at home
- Ontario Certified Teachers (OCT) is preferred but will consider teachers/tutor with excellent teaching approach and 2+ years of successful experience tutoring or teaching related to Ontario High School Curriculum
- Public school teaching experience is an asset
- Speaking Mandarin is an asset to some subjects
Please email us your resume. Thank you very much for your interest and look forward to having you in VPEA Family!
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- teaching: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- Chinese (Preferred)