- Maintains high standards of cleanliness and sanitation throughout Shalom Village by cleaning and sanitizing rooms and furnishing in assigned work areas following established policies and procedures.
- Assigned to Long-term Care or Nursing Home.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Receives assignment, assembles required materials and supplies, loads service cart and transports to work area.
- Using specified cleaning/disinfecting/sanitizing agents, and following specific procedures, work patterns and routines, performs tasks such as: vacuuming, sweeping, dry/wet mopping, scrubbing, sanitizing/disinfecting floors, spot cleaning walls, windows and doors between washing, dusting, emptying wastebaskets and rearranging furniture, removing waste, daily cleaning and disinfecting daily all bathroom fixtures and replenishing supplies, cleaning floors, fixtures and furnishing in utility rooms, kitchen, closets etc.
- Ensures privacy of residents during performance of duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Some understanding of chemicals and equipment used in cleaning.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform lift techniques and lift weights up to 30 pounds.
- Basic knowledge of housekeeping with independent working skills.
Reference ID: 2021-24, 25
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Shalom Village implemented heightened precautionary protocols in all of our homes. We continue to follow the advice of provincial and federal governments, our sector regulators and local Public Health agencies.