Lotus Search Group is searching to identify a talented Accounting Manager for our Edmonton based client. The ideal candidate is preferably a designated accountant with two to four years of solid public accounting experience, coupled with progressive growth of 2-5 years in the Private sector. We are seeking a stand-out Accounting professional for an incredible mid-sized company. If you are a natural connector, detail oriented, strategic, a trusted leader and someone who is passionate about the impact you bring to your peers, team and profession long term, then we want to hear from you. If you are seeking further growth desiring the opportunity to be successfully mentored into a Senior Controller and or CFO opportunity, and have the following requirements below, then please reach out to us.
- Oversee and manage the general accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger and payroll
- Manage the streamlining and implementation of process and procedural changes to optimize current accounting practices
- Coordinate all communicating and dealings with various internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring adherence to timelines set out, as well as displaying excellent level of engagement and responsiveness to all queries from but not limited to vendors
- Completion of Month end, quarter end and year-end financial reporting
- Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Preparing budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis where required
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projections as requested and or needed
- Supervise and/or manage general ledger accounting functions and staff
- Work with external auditors to ensure correct and timely closing and reporting at year-end
- CPA Designation, or nearing the later stages of their CPA completion
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. ERP experience is considered an asset
- 4-5 years of progressive supervisory or management experience leading teams
- Experience in distribution, construction, manufacturing, or industrial building supply preferable
- Proven ability to create efficiencies and change management skills a much
- Proven resourceful and solutions-oriented approach, along with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- The ability to be agile, team oriented and remain composed
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Thorough knowledge of Canadian GAAP
- Ability and scale workflow processes a definite asset
- Independently resourceful, with a consultative and results-oriented approach.
- A comprehensive compensation plan will accompany the successful candidate. Starting salary range is based on experience and qualifications. Ongoing professional development encouraged and supported.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $80,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year
- Casual Dress
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Supervisory or Management: 4 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)