Job title :
CLINICAL INFORMATICS ANALYST II
KELOWNA WAREHOUSE (REIDS)
PERMANENT FULL TIME
Interior Health is currently looking for a permanent full time Clinical Informatics Analyst II to join our Information Management Information Technology (IMIT) team in Kelowna (Reids).
This position works with the Patient Scheduling Team. We are looking for someone who has excellent troubleshooting skills, great customer service and a team first attitude. Experience with basic project management is ideal. The successful candidate is someone who has extensive experience in process mapping, requirements gathering, and previous experience in user training would be a great asset to this team.
The Clinical Informatics Analyst II evaluates, plans, implements, tests, maintains and supports information systems which support clinical and health information needs throughout Interior Health in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards. This position provides consultative support and training to regional users of software applications.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. The Clinical Informatics Analyst II will be responsible for clinical and health information systems throughout the software life cycle including the following:
o Conducting requirements analysis/needs assessments for a defined department/program area by conducting user interviews, assessing information flows, and understanding business processes.
o Installing, configuring and testing clinical and health information systems.
o Developing and documenting systems processes and procedures.
o Preparing implementation plans and schedules including estimating resource estimates.
o Monitoring and reporting progress for duties and responsibilities.
o Supporting and maintaining clinical and health information systems.
2. Liaises with members of the assigned areas/departments and software vendors to troubleshoot problems, assess priority, research and evaluate alternatives and implement recommendations.
3. Determines ongoing information needs, implements system changes and provides support related to clinical and health information software applications.
4. Serves as the primary contact person for assigned clinical service area(s) regarding software applications.
5. Develops proposals for modification and/or enhancement of vendor software applications and liaises with vendors to oversee installation, testing and problem resolution/debugging of program coding.
6. Participates in the development of department standards, methods and procedures.
7. Designs, develops, implements and evaluates computerized software dictionaries, databases and reports using vendor software applications.
8. Plans, implements and evaluates educational training requirements and provides related training to meet the learning needs of users within the areas/departments with respect to (a) education of new users and (b) the continuing education of users regarding system upgrades and new technology.
9. Provides informational input and expertise during acquisition of products and services and during development of department project plans, project priorities and tactical plans as required.
10. Performs other related duties as required.
Some of the Benefits of Joining Interior Health:
- An attractive remuneration package in keeping with your qualifications and experience and excellent career prospects awaits the right candidate.
- Challenging and rewarding work environment.
- In addition to a competitive wage, we offer a total compensation package! We have one of the best benefit package and pension plans in Canada.
- Generous paid time off. Annual vacation starting at 4 weeks (20 days).
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage. We offer an attractive (defined benefit) employee pension plan, disability and life insurance, and options for maternity &/or paternity leave top-up.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today! Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training and Experience:
- Graduation from a recognized degree or diploma program in Computer Science.
- Two years recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Project Management Professional certification is an asset.