Sienna Senior Living is a publicly traded company (TSX: SIA) and one of Canada's leading owners and operators of seniors' residences. With the dedication and support of over 10,000 team members, Sienna helps residents to live fully every day. We are owners and operators of 70 seniors’ living residences in addition to managing 13 residences for third parties. Our portfolio includes locations across Ontario and Baritish Columbia.
Sienna Senior Living is an integral part of the communities it serves and a company that is committed to innovation and growth. We are launched new retirement platform, Aspira, to provide residents with a wide range of choices.
Position: Regional Resident Engagement Partner (Regional REP)
Reports to: National Director of Resident Engagement, Operations (Retirement)
Location: Remote, with Travel to various sites across Ontario
Scope: Under the supervision of the National Director of Resident Engagement, the Regional Resident Engagement Partner (Regional REP) provides Resident Engagement support to the GM’s, REM’s, and REA’s in their designated region.
The Regional Resident Engagement Manager has five areas of focus:
- Programming: Program development, overseeing regional pilots and innovation
- Accountability: Reviewing reports, calendars, newsletters, supporting CQI strategies
- Community Visits: Regular visits, auditing programs, program facilitation, coaching
- New Hire Support: Recruitment, retention and onboarding new REM’s
- Networking: Chair meetings, lead working groups, conduct presentations and training
- Reports to the National Director of Resident Engagement
- Assists in developing program pilots, and the roll out of enterprise-wide initiatives to meet the future growth demands of the department.
- Assists with recruitment, onboarding, training, and evaluation of new Residents Engagement Managers (REMs)
- Provides additional support and mentoring to REMs, in all areas of the job (engagement, administration, and leadership).
- Assists with program and operational standards compliance in order to champion communication and continuous improvement within the region.
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 3 years of experience in a leadership role in the fitness and lifestyle wellness field in senior living.
- At least 3 years of experience hiring, onboarding, scheduling and supervising a team
- Demonstrated supervisory, performance management, leadership and team-building skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to liaise effectively with diverse team members.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the principles of customer service and leisure services delivery.
- Successful applicant must be flexible to travel and work on site at communities in Ontario, including staying overnight when required.
- Ability to travel and visit communities an average of 3 days a week.
- Access to a reliable car to travel to and from communities weekly.
- The ability to work from home 2 days a week.
- A passion and commitment to promote, elevate, and support the health and happiness of seniors through lifestyle wellness experiences, including special events, outings, small and large group programs, and fitness based offerings
- Must be able to set priorities and meet time and calendar deadlines as workload may fluctuate as resident needs and occupancy change
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills required
- A degree/diploma in Gerontology, Kinesiology, Human Kinetics, Therapeutic Recreation, Leisure Studies, Health Promotion, and Health Sciences
- Minimum of three years of experience programming for seniors in senior living independent living, assisted living, or in a senior’s community centre environment or similar setting
- Minimum of three years of management and supervisory experience
- Certified to teach group land fitness and, where necessary, aquatic fitness to seniors through a reputable organization as approved by Sienna and/or willing to obtain within the first 60 days post hire
- Ability to maintain budget and quality standards
- Valid driver’s license and/or special-class license (or willingness and ability to obtain within the first 6 months of employment), and a clean driving record
- Current certificate in CPR and First Aid
- Certificate in Smart Serve/Serving It Right (or willingness and ability to obtain)
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position, including lifting, portering, driving, and leading fitness programs a minimum of twice daily etc.
- Familiarity with the provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Proficiency in Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Excel, as well as virtual technologies such as Zoom/Skype/FaceTime etc.
- Additional certifications (i.e. specialized fitness, dementia training etc.) considered a valuable asset
- Interaction with residents of all ethnic and cultural backgrounds
- Interaction with volunteers, team members, families, and guests with varying insights and ideas on what a recreation-based lifestyle wellness program involves
- Exposure to a combination of natural and fluorescent lighting
- Exposure to the elements (external building and property)
- Exposure to variable temperatures, both hot and cold
- Pushing/pulling objects, furniture, and/or equipment
- Crouching, kneeling, stooping/bending for short periods of time
- Walking and climbing stairs frequently
- Standing for long periods
- Completing administrative work, including planning and organization events, developing posters, monthly calendars, and newsletters
- Ability to teach a minimum of two fitness classes daily, with each class being 30-45 minutes in length
- Ability to facilitate a minimum of 4 programs during a 7.5hr shift
- Ability to travel to communities anywhere in Ontario for 3 days a week
- Access to a reliable car to travel between communities weekly
- The ability to work from home when not traveling and visiting communities
Please note all offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Background Check (BC)/Vulnerable Sector Check (ONT), as well as, a 2-Step Tuberculosis Screening (TB Test) and negative COVID swab.
Sienna Senior Living is committed to employment equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace. In accordance with provincial regulations, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection, and assessment process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Commuter benefits
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Stock options
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Lifestyle, Fitness, and Health: 5 years (required)
- Lifestyle Enrichment for Seniors: 2 years (required)
Willingness to travel: