We are looking for a Journeyman Millwright based out of our Calgary Facility located at 10351 46 Street SE. This is a full time Monday - Friday position with rotating shifts and the occasional weekends.
This position is responsible for performing the preventative maintenance activities, completing various repair and maintenance projects within the Plants and will work on large projects with contractors (as required).
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position will work closely with the Regional Maintenance Supervisor in developing and maintaining all maintenance policies and procedures.
- As per the established schedule, perform the required all stationary equipment, mobile plant equipment and building components at both Calgary and Edmonton Plants. Will maintain all of the necessary records to support PM Program at Plants.
- Will carry out regular inventory control procedures.
- Maintain, overhaul and repair all plant equipment. This may include the baler(s), conveyor(s), sort line, forklift(s), loader(s) and all other related equipment.
- Modify and fabricate equipment to fit new production requirements or solve production issues.
- Assist contractors with major repairs or overhauls and with new equipment installations as required.
- Work with blueprints, sketches, and technical drawings.
- Perform cutting, grinding, fabricating and welding as required.
- Operate mobile equipment as required in the performance of job duties.
- Complete daily housekeeping assignments.
- Responsible for returning all tools to the shop after use.
- Other duties as required.
- Journeyman certification and/or equivalent training and experience.
- Five – eight years maintenance and fabrication experience in a manufacturing or related industry. Previous experience with equipment used in the recycling industry and with related mobile equipment would be a definite asset.
- Welding/Fabrication experience is an asset.
- Must be able to work well in an unsupervised environment and as part of a project team.
- Proven troubleshooting ability with emphasis on safety and reliability.
- Must be well organized.
- Good communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform machining would be an asset.
- Must be aware of all safety standards and requirements for maintenance work.
- Must be able to effectively work with others in a respectful manner
- The starting wage rate for this position will be based on qualifications and experience, with further increases after successful completion of probationary period.
- The Company also offers group benefits (extended health, dental, life insurance, LTD, RRSP, EFAP, etc.).
- Company work clothing and safety shoe allowance.
- Overtime available after 8 hours.
- Profit sharing plan.
If you are looking for a job with an industry leader that offers long-term employment and regular hours, please submit your resume.
About The Company
Founded in 1964, Cascades Inc . produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibres. Cascades' Specialty Products Group (SPG ), a division of Cascades Inc., is a pillar in the industrial and consumer packaging, recovery and recycling sectors.
Cascades Recovery+, an SPG business unit, secures the supply of raw materials for Cascades and external mills, in its position as market leader in the discarded materials industry.
We thank all applicants for their interest but due to business constraints only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35.00 /hour
- Journeyman Millwright: 5 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Calgary, AB (Preferred)