The Mobile Service Technician (MST) is responsible for maintenance and repairs on light construction equipment (skid steers, chippers, trenchers, mini-excavators, etc.) at assigned Home Depot stores or customer job sites. Using company assigned vehicle, the MST makes routine visits to each store to inspect all equipment, document the status of each unit, perform all required preventive maintenance and repairs.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Responsible for inspecting, maintaining and repairing fleet of rental equipment at assigned store locations and/or customer job sites, with a particular emphasis on preventive maintenance.
- Inspect equipment for rental readiness, safe operation, and store appearance standards.
- Perform select repairs and on equipment and order needed parts.
- Respond to service calls.
- Utilize company technology platform to document all work performed on equipment, including labor and parts.
- Maintains accurate parts inventory in vehicle or shop location.
- Assist with equipment deliveries and pick-ups as required.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Regional Rental Manager (RRM), Branch Manager, Field Operations Rental Manager, or authorized personnel.
- Maintain Mobile Elevated Work Platform (MEWP) certifications.
- Remains current on local licensing, assigned training, Electronic Logging Device (ELD) and safety requirements.
- Maintains accurate fleet inventory and transfers equipment between locations.
- Deploys new equipment to store locations, including performing PDIs, delivering to the store, and training store associates on operation of the equipment
- Communicates clearly with teammates including store associates, technicians, and customers in both verbal and written communications.
- Provide training and/or demonstrate correct and safe operation of equipment to customers and associates.
- Provides support throughout the rental period for customers and rental associates, which may include providing best-in-class delivery
Working conditions include significant physical demands such as lifting from the waist, lifting from the shoulder, prolonged standing, bending, kneeling, crawling underneath equipment, climbing on top of equipment, reaching and stretching. Environment will require repetitive hand, wrist, and arm movements. Occasionally, employee will be required to work at heights.
Job Type: Full-time