PACIFIC BIOENERGY LIMITED PARTNERSHIP
SENIOR CORPORATE ACCOUNTANT
JOB TITLE: Senior Corporate Accountant
DEPARTMENT: Finance Department
COMPENSATION: We offer a comprehensive salary and benefit package
Pacific BioEnergy is a private company established in 1994 with corporate offices located in Vancouver, BC and operations in the heart of British Columbia’s forest region, Prince George, BC. We are a leader in wood pellet fuel in North America and are committed to meeting growing worldwide demand for this clean energy source.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller and as part of the Financial team, the Senior Corporate Accountant will make meaningful contributions to simplify, streamline and standardize operational management reporting. The Senior Corporate Accountant will assist the Corporate Controller in delivering accurate consolidated financial statements, forecasts and ad hoc analysis.
The Senior Corporate Accountant will be directly responsible for preparing monthly financial reporting packages - and will be responsible for a full range of operational, financial and management accounting, reporting and analysis.
The Finance team is expected to work closely with all other departments to ensure all aspects of business strategies, development, and growth meet desired outcomes.
- Provide operational and financial support and analysis for the manufacturing and woodlands departments;
- Assist departmental managers and supervisors in departmental budget control, cost/benefit analysis, and provide financial information and recommendations;
- Participate and support operations through month end inventory counts including purchase reconciliation;
- Directly responsible for preparing monthly financial divisional and consolidated financial reports;
- Prepare and consolidate operations’ monthly forecasts, quarterly forecasts and annual plans;
- Preparation of month end and year end working paper files, reconciliation and journal entries
- Provide analytical support for operational costs and margin improvement projects;
- Prepares audit materials and interacts with internal and external auditors;
- Assist with development and implementation of new accounting processes and procedures including analysis of IFRS impacts and internal controls, documentation of new/revised processes and rollout to the accounting group.
- Coach, mentor, develop members of the Finance team and administrative staff;
- Is responsible for accurate and timely government remittances
- Follow established policies and procedures and participate in process improvement initiatives;
- Provide support and coverage of the Accounting Manager when required;
- Work on special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and possess a CPA designation or on the path to obtain.
- 3+ years of financial accounting experience in a manufacturing and forestry environment required.
- Possess an understanding and experience in the full accounting cycle.
- Solid computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office applications with an emphasis in Microsoft Excel.
- Must be a self-starter and able to deliver results.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and follow-up skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Have strong communication skills and ability to present and articulate financial information.
If you wish to be part of a team that produces superior results and feel that your accounting experience and career aspirations can contribute to our team, then we would like to speak with you.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- accounting: 3 years (Preferred)