- Welcome to A.B.M. Tool & Die Co. Ltd. *
We are a manufacturing company that produces automotive parts for the last 50 years and we are looking for enthusiastic, skilled individuals who wants to be a part of a fast-growing team, this position is for you!
Robotic Weld Technician- Liaising with the alternating shift supervisor, equipment to ensure employee safety, product quality, and customer releases are met, interacts and trains production employees to ensure adherence to company processes, policies and procedures, and interacts with multi functional departments to ensure parts production is to customer satisfaction.
- Provide changeover instructions for electric change, resetting counters and welder’s equipment to help night supervisors.
- Perform maintenance/repairs, trouble shooting, fixture change over and programming to various automated weld and work cells according to Production Schedules.
- Ensure that equipment failures are immediately forwarded to maintenance through means of a Work Order and that affected labor is re-allocated promptly to minimize lost time.
- Maintain process stability, effective defect monitoring, and weld procedure specifications for new projects.
- Allan Bradley PLC troubleshooting and programming with the help of a maintenance electrician.
- Work towards constant improvement to product quality, process, run rates, and set up times and ensure that successes are documented for Continuous Improvement Program.
- Monitor and train cell operators to ensure adherence to company processes, policies and procedures and ensure that daily production requirements are met.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment consistent with company housekeeping policies and the standards and principles of the 5S system.
- Ensure all plant utilities are activated or shut down at the beginning or end of production shifts and as required.
- Installs, programs, and maintains robotic and automated welding equipment.
- Perform standard maintenance on pneumatic/hydraulic circuits and all Weld Cells
- Perform repairs to jigs and weld fixtures
- Participate in the development and improvement of current and future welding and robotic parts processing.
- Interacts with multi-functional departments to ensure that production of parts meet customer specifications
- Continuously review product quality as it exits the manufacturing process. Communicate non conformances to operator and/or Quality immediately. Assess recovery options and in cases where a resolution cannot be met on the floor, forward information to Quality Assurance and/or Tooling Manager.
- Responsible for timely submission of accurate reports, as required by management and for quality, production and inventory control.
- Work with Quality Control to test for and resolve quality issues of components. Document results as required.
- Ensure assembled and welded components meet ABM and customer quality requirements and standards.
- Adhere to and ensure all obligations and requirements under Sections 25-28 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act are met.
- Ensure all department team members work in compliance with IATF 16949, ISO 14001, and all other company policies and procedures.
- Lead, support and motivate all department team members to achieve company, department and work-personal goals.
- Inspect work area for housekeeping and/or health and safety issues and enforce company related policies.
- Represent ABM with professionalism and integrity at all times.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding all company tooling, processes, methods, customer and supplier information and business.
- Keep abreast of, inform management and implement new technologies and methods.
- Manufacturing plant environment with stamping presses, welding, assembly and material handling equipment.
- Exposure to noise while working in the plant.
- Will be required to travel as dictated by job requirements
- Will be required to work at any time when warranted by customer requirements or internal challenges
- Will be required to work on anything deemed reasonable by Management
- College or industry degree in Electro Mechanical, Welding, PLC Programming
- 5 years worked in field (includes specific to but not limited upgraded training on Robotic Equipment and Controls related to Electro Mechanical
- Sound Knowledge working with MIG & Resistance Welding Robotics and PLC’s
- Programming and troubleshooting of Panasonic Robots, Allen Bradley PLC’s
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization including operators, Management, and customers and suppliers if required.
- Familiarity with tag out/lock out procedures.
- Ability to trouble shoot robotic weld cell process and maintenance issues
- Provide conclusions and/or potential resolutions for approval and implementation.
- Experience working with ABB and Panasonic equipment.
- Well versed in the operation and interaction of robots within a cell structure and their component processes including pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical and electronic.
- Ability to work in a multi-priority paced production environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent English skills both oral and written.
Job Type: Full-time
- weld technician: 5 years (Preferred)