JOB TITLE & POSTING NUMBER (reflected automatically on posting)
Salary Range: $37,000-$39,000 – Check out the YMCA’s total compensation package!
Location: 90 Eglinton Ave. E. YMCA - Head Office
Work Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Employment Type: Regular Full Time Salaried
Anticipated Start Date: October 16, 2023
Deadline to Apply: October 06, 2023 at 5:00 pm
Be the Spark! Join our dynamic Finance Team, where every day is different, and you will always be engaged with meaningful work!
The Accounting Associate is responsible to ensure accurate and timely data processing into the Financial Accounting System, Financial Edge. This includes but is not limited to posting invoices, journal entries and refund information from the member’s registration system, Active Net. The Accounting Associate also supports the Accounts Payable team with the digitization of the information related to payments issued. The Accounting Associate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a professional attitude and the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
In this role, you will:
- Process payment vouchers (invoices, Cheque Requisitions, utility bills) in Financial Edge Accounts Payable module, and Journal Entries into the Financial Edge General Ledger
- Calculate Federal and Provincial HST rebates for payments subject to sales taxes
- Process documents pertaining to refunds owed to participants in YMCA of Greater Toronto programs
- Digitize information related to payments made via cheques, Electronic Funds Transfers, Wire Transfers, and Online banking
- Support Accounts Payable team in administrative tasks assigned by the AP Supervisor
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 1 year of accounting experience.
- Must possess strong computer skills (Excel, Word, knowledge of Active Net an asset).
- Must be detail oriented and have superior analytical skills.
- Previous experience working within a not-for-profit organization
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, staff and volunteers
- Excellent written, oral communication and problem-solving skills
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and building a sense of belonging
What you need to succeed:
- Commitment to the YMCA’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Focus on the health, safety and wellbeing of all children, youth, and vulnerable people in YMCA programs including understanding legal and moral obligations related to reporting suspected child abuse to Child Protection Services
- YMCA Competencies: Accountable, Relationship-Builder, Improvement-Orientated, Team Player & Leader, Equity and Wellbeing Promoter
Why work for the YMCA?
The YMCA of Greater Toronto is a charity that ignites the potential in people, helping them grow, lead, and give back to their communities. We are committed to helping our employees reach their full potential and are recognized as a great place to work. We offer meaningful jobs and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. See what you can expect from the YMCA here.
Joining the Y means contributing to over 165 years of providing opportunities for people to shine through programs and services like health and fitness, licensed child care, camps, employment and immigrant services, education and training, and services for youth, families, and seniors. Learn more in our 2020–2025 strategic plan, Ignite the Light, which outlines how we are focused on boosting well-being and promoting equity across the Greater Toronto Area.
The YMCA of Greater Toronto is committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We strive to remove barriers to employment and recognize that diverse staff who reflect the communities we work in enrich the experiences of our participants and our team. As an equal opportunity employer, we invite applications from all qualified candidates including racialized people/people of colour, Indigenous Peoples, disabled people/people with disabilities and members of 2SLGBTQIA+ communities.
If we can make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please let us know when we reach out about a job opportunity so we can work with you to accommodate your needs.
In keeping with our commitment to safety and child protection, job offers are contingent on the successful completion of a Police Records Check. Within the first four months and every three years thereafter, a Vulnerable Police Records Check is required. Learn more about these checks here.
The YMCA only considers applicants who are legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, due to the volume of applications we receive, we can only contact candidates who are selected for an interview.
Check out the next steps in our recruitment process and see what others are saying about working at the YMCA.