Reports to: Employment Director
Job Duration: Full-time
Summary: We are looking for an OnTrack Data Entry Specialist to oversee the launch and manage Tahltan OnTrack, the Tahltan Skills Inventory Database - https://ontrack.tahltan.org/. The ideal candidate will be computer savvy, a fast typist with a keen eye for detail, and have a passion for helping people find their dream job. You will report to the Employment Director. Understanding of data confidentiality principles is compulsory.
- Assist TCG members understand OnTrack, input information into database and utilize essential skill testing to prepare for employment opportunities in Tahltan Territory.
- Transfer data from paper formats into computer files or database systems using keyboards, data recorders or optical scanners.
- Provide verification for membership and associates via database confirmation.
- Retrieve data from OnTrack or electronic files as requested.
- Sort and organize paperwork after entering data to ensure source document integrity.
- Type in data provided directly from members.
- Verify Data by comparing it to source documents.
- Travel extensively to gather data for OnTrack, the Tahltan Skills Inventory, must have own transportation and be willing and able to travel.
- Assist with the administration and facilitation of training programs offered by the TCG in Tahltan Territory.
- Create spreadsheets with large numbers of figures without mistakes.
- Score Tahltan bursary applicants.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Proven experience in an administrative role requiring confidentiality and accuracy.
- Must be willing to create a user file and do an essential skills test in OnTrack.
- Class 5 driver’s license, own vehicle, and experience driving in winter conditions.
- Great attention to detail and fast typing skills.
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets.
- Basic understanding of databases, working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices.
- Good command of English both oral and written and customer service skills.
- Works well in a team atmosphere and remotely.
- Capable of public speaking in person, via video conferencing/webinars, and comfortable with various social media platforms and willingness to appear and participate in promotional videos and updates.
Personal Skills & Attributes:
- Bring a ‘can do’ attitude, with a teamwork mindset.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations, essential.
Remuneration and Work Hours:
- Salary will be based on responsibility, training, and experience.
- 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, however it is the nature of the position to work beyond regular office hours as well as weekends. Travelling may also be required.
Work location: Priority is for position to be based in Dease Lake at the TCG Office. However, all factors will be considered to ensure a qualified candidate is recruited.
How to apply: Please email your resume and letter stating ‘why you’re the perfect candidate,’ in PDF file format with subject as “OnTrack Data Entry Specialist” Application, Attention Executive Director”
Deadline for Application: August 7, 2020
Application Deadline: 2020-08-07
Job Type: Full-time