Sankoff Criminal Law is a small business in Edmonton, AB. We are professional, innovative, creative, and our goal is to become Canada's leading knowledge resource legal service, and provide outstanding criminal law work. We are both a law firm and a provider of legal education resources. Learn more about both our companies at petersankoff dot com.
We are still collecting applicants, but hope to finalize hiring by November 1.
Our work environment includes:
- Modern office setting
- Food provided
- Casual work attire
- Growth opportunities
- Regular social events
- Company perks
Our company is looking for a Legal Assistant/Office Manager to help run our two companies: Sankoff Criminal Law and Criminal Defence Essentials. We are looking for someone creative and dynamic, who can assist our founder in helping the business grow.
Some understanding of the criminal justice system is preferred, and having worked as a legal assistant in criminal law is an asset.
The successful applicant might have additional opportunities running our social media accounts or doing our bookkeeping if they have the correct experience or ambition.
- Self directed
- Experience with CLIO or comparable software
- Experience contacting courts across Alberta
- Experience ordering transcripts and preparing court documents
- Manage calendars and schedules.
- Organize documents, paperwork, and projects.
- Write letters to clients
- Create and maintain databases of contact information.
- Use word processing programs.
- Demonstrate effective communication (writing) skills
- Experience with Powerpoint or Keynote
- Experience with Canva
- Experience with Quickbooks
- Bookkeeping skill is an asset
A university degree is preferred.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $53,879.00-$62,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person