We are looking to hire an experienced business administrator and Customer Service Representative with a customer-friendly personality who enjoys working with technology consumer products (iPhones, iPads, Samsung phones and tablets, laptops, Macbooks, etc) in a fast-paced retail service environment.
The TechKnow Space has been in business for over 11 years from two high-profile locations near the Rogers Centre, and near Square One. Two new locations are planned for 2020.
The Administrator/CSR will work out of our Toronto location near the Rogers Centre.
We repair all phones including iPhone, Samsung, Blackberry, HTC, Sony, etc. We also repair Laptops, Macbooks, PS3, xBox, iPads, Wearables, Headphones, Microsoft Surface Pro and other devices.
We are open for business 65+ hours over a 7-day work week.
- Enjoy customer-facing work in a retail services business
- Enjoy working with digital consumer products
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoy learning new skills and tasks.
- Must be articulate and able to communicate effectively with customers
- Hands-on skills using Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and Word
- Good math skills.
- Good phone communication skills answering 20 to 30 calls each day.
- Administrative skills including creating and updating spreadsheets, shipping and receiving products, etc.
- Solid skills researching business problems and solutions online.
- Business analytical skills and ability to create solutions
- Experienced in business writing and communications creating emails and Word documents.
- Comfortable using the web
- Comfortable using social media
- Ability to research the web for finding web content and information.
- Team player who works well with colleagues and other staff.
- Marketing skills to assist with delivering online SEO solutions.
- Experience with inventory management and pricing models, etc.
- Familiarity with basic accounting concepts.
You would have been a user of smartphones, laptops, tablets and other digital devices growing up. This experience using digital technology over a few years would have provided you with basic understanding of computer and/or smartphone operating processes, problems and issues, which would assist you in understanding customer problems when they come to The TechKnow Space with their broken devices for repair.
Customer-facing retail activities will be the prime responsibility of the candidate. The CSR will also engage in and assist the manager with all administrative tasks.
Preferred past work experience:
- Electronics retailers like Best Buy, Future Shop, Canada Computers
- Wireless service provider stores (like Bell, Telus, Rogers, etc)
Depending on skills and experience, the hourly rate will range from $16 to $20.
Candidates will work up to 44 hours a week, including either Saturday and/or Sunday, depending on business needs.
We will provide thorough and extensive on-the-job training in all areas of the role.
Career progression and hourly compensation growth will be determined by your ability to learn and acquire new skills.
Please make sure your home address is included in your resume
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00-$20.00 per hour