We are looking for reliable and experienced General Labourers to join our awesome client in the west end for indoor and outdoor work at job sites throughout the city of Ottawa. Work can occur in spaces such as attics/crawl spaces, working at heights. Standing, bending, lifting, and the use of ladders are also important to installer job duties.
You will be provided PPE by the client, safety glasses, coveralls, gloves, and masks/respirators when using spray-on polyurethane foam. Installers use common hand and power tools, while more specific training and knowledge is provided for spray foam equipment. You will need to provide your own CSA approved steel toe boots.
You will be working Monday – Friday with possibility of overtime work and weekend shifts between 6:00am - 6:00pm. Hours can very 30-60 hour work weeks. You will need you own vehicle to drive to the location.
Training is provided by the client, working at heights certification is an asset.
Starting wage $18-20/hour dependent on experience, certifications and licenses
In this role you will;
- Advance preparation and insulation of attics, walls, and other areas using materials such as spray polyurethane foam, fiberglass batts, or blown-in cellulose
- Accurate and on-time completion of paperwork
- Loading/unloading materials and equipment,
- Job site clean-up, and various maintenance tasks as needed
- Ability to work Mon-Fri (occasional weekends), starting as early as 6am with flexible end times
In this job you must:
- G Driver's license with a clear driver's abstract, DZ LICENSE IS AN ASSET
- Being able to do drywall, taping, roofing, landscaping, construction, or renovation experience is an asset
- Ability to work in different environmental conditions (indoors/ outdoors, hot/ cold)
- Must be comfortable working at heights and tight spaces - Working at Heights certified is a huge asset
- Ability to work effectively as a team
- Have problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work OT and weekends when needed
Local Staffing is an Ottawa-based recruitment agency. We work primarily in the manufacturing, warehousing, and logistics industries. We invite you to apply with your resume, so we can keep you in mind for any upcoming opportunities that suit your skills and experience.
We are an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing diversity and accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. All applicants must make their requirements known when contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
- working at heights (Preferred)
- Drivers (Required)