Over View of Position: Participating in the process of Catholic burials and ensuring the maintenance of cemetery property.
- Prepare, set up and complete all interments as directed by the cemetery office.
- Ensure the safe and dignified handling of casketed and cremated human remains during the interment, or disinterment process in the prescribed manner.
- Conduct oneself in a respectful manner reflective of Catholic beliefs and values when dealing with visiting families, cemetery suppliers and co-workers during the course of general employment.
- Preform various landscaping duties as required to ensure an acceptable level of maintenance in and around buildings, structures, monument foundations, roadways, and the general property. Landscape duties include but are not limited to: lawn maintenance, planting, weeding, watering, grave site restoration, and sundry duties as assigned.
- Safe and careful handling and use of manual tools, equipment, vehicles and machinery used to preform duties as required. Report any repairs, deficiencies or supply orders to the cemetery office.
- Ensure cemetery operational requirements are met and all aspects of the cemetery are maintained, which includes mausoleums, cemetery office and St. Patrick’s Cemetery.
- Perform basic janitorial services to help maintain property facilities. Such duties would include but not limited to vacuuming, dusting, replacement of light bulbs, general housekeeping, ect.
- Provide labourer support when preparing for special event days. Such as: Remembrance Day and Cemetery Masses.
- General housekeeping duties for all common areas including: lunchroom & washroom.
- Adhere to the external guidelines such as: WSIB Legislation, Employment Legislation and Ontario Health & Safety Act (OHSA).
- Adhere to internal guidelines such as St. Ann’s & St. Patrick’s Cemeteries By-Laws,
- Other cemetery duties as required.
- Use of own vehicle (with mileage paid) .
Skills & Knowledge
- Highschool (or equivalent) education
- Basic labourer experience
- Mechanical orientation and/or general construction knowledge
- Physically fit (able to comfortable lift a minimum for 50lbs, bend, stoop, climb, reach, extensive walking, etc.)
- Backhoe experience is required
- Class G Drivers licence is required.
- Must be able to pass a police screening
This is a Full Time - Seasonal position working from April - November.
Someone able to return yearly for this position would be preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 /hour
- Backhoe Operating: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Penetanguishene, ON (Preferred)