Reporting to the Marketing Manager, as our in-house Graphic Designer you will be a key part of our Marketing Team. You will be tasked with conceptualizing, designing, and executing projects across a variety of mediums, from social images and digital ads to signage and package design. One moment you may be crafting materials for our sales team to use in the field, then another you could be putting the final touches on a new can design. In this role you’ll also work closely with marketing and sales, as well as other teams, to help us build our visual identity and branded collateral.
This role is a blend of working from our downtown Toronto office and your home studio. Georgian Bay Spirit Co. is a start-up in the alcohol beverage world with big ambitions, and together you’ll help us to put our best (visual) foot forward for all Canadians to see.
What You’ll Be Doing:
· No two days will be the same, we hope you like variety!
· Make things happen – you’ll deliver compelling solutions through typography, design, illustration, and photography
· Be a creative of all trades – design, video, photography– you’ll work on a number of design projects across print (sales material, banners, event signage, package design) and digital (digital ads, social media images, photography)
· Execute with excellence – create compelling branded collateral frequently, consistently within a fast-paced environment
· Build relationships – collaborate with external vendors to bring designs to life
· Think big, act small – We need to work smarter and maximize our resources to compete against the big guys as we don’t always have all the same resources as they do (but that’s ok!). You’ll have what you need to be effective while you help build out the visual identity for the Georgian Bay Spirit Co. brand
· Work with marketing team to conceptualize and execute all graphic elements of the brand
· And in total transparency, lots of things that we don’t even know we need yet!
What do you need:
· You have 3+ years of experience working as a visual or marketing-focused designer
· Be able to work in the office but also out of your own studio
· Possess a well-rounded, eye catching and diverse portfolio
· Excellent time management, organizational, communication and problem-solving skills with a desire to show and take initiative
· A highly developed skill with Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Teams
· A knack for picking up brands’ visual identities
· A keen eye for typography, captivating layouts, and what “works visually”
· Experience with product photography is an asset
· Able to manage multiple projects at any given time
· Ability to work well under pressure and respond to fast changing priorities and deadlines
· Strong understanding of editorial design, workflow and social media marketing is desirable
· Experience with After Effects, Premiere Pro and WordPress will be considered an asset
· Graphic Design degree or diploma an asset
What You’re All About:
· Culture fit is key, so we hope this job description appeals to you. If it doesn’t, that’s probably a red flag. Maybe this isn’t for you.
· Master multi-tasker, flexible and able to prioritize.
· Friendly, outgoing, enjoys a casual work environment and fits in with a small team.
· You’re self-motivated. You don’t need your hand held, you’re professional and you demonstrate strong problem-solving skills.
· You’re working with owners of the company, must be able to take creative direction while infusing your own
· And of course, you can make a great cocktail!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: $40,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Packaging Design: 3 years (Preferred)
- Creative Suite: 3 years (Required)
- graphic design: 3 years (Required)
- Photography: 1 year (Preferred)